Photo
- - - - -

Thumbnails on the main page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 kencauley

kencauley

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

Hello, I just recently upgraded to Pro and am still struggling on how to get thumbnail images to show up on the main page for each story. As of right now, only a few lines of text show up. I have an image on my pages, but the image does not show up on the home page. I understand there is blog layout and newspaper layout. Ideally, I would like to be able to put different sized and aligned images on the home page within each story. Some will be bigger than others, some will be centered, others will be aligned right. If this is not possible and all images need to be the exact same size and aligned the same -- that is better than nothing. If both options are available, can you provide support/guidance on how to achieve both? My website: www.kencauley.com Many thanks! Ken

#2 nett-ed

nett-ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

In order for the thumbnails feature to work you have to select an image that is attached to a post as the Featured Image. This is done when writing/editing a post. There is a "Featured Image" section to the right of the text area field. This can also be done by selecting the Upload/Insert Image which brings up the upload popup but if you have an image already uploaded select it and instead of clicking insert into post select "Use as featured image". You can also check out the doc page which has some additional information regarding this feature

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Hope that helps

#3 kencauley

kencauley

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

Fantastic! This was very helpful! Though, I have a follow up question... Now the thumbnail appears in both the main page as well as the article page. I would like the thumbnail to appear on just the homepage. And then for the actual article page, have an image in the body, but not in the title. Make sense? Here is what it is doing now...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 nett-ed

nett-ed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

There's a setting in PlatformPro that should take care of that. Try changing the "Post Thumbnail Placement" setting in PlatformPro >> Settings >> Blog And Posts

You should be able to deselect the "Single Post Pages" option and that should fix it for you.

#5 kencauley

kencauley

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

Once again! Thank you very much. Very helpful.