Photo

HELP!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:49 AM

Hi, I downloaded and installed the Base theme for Platform Pro but when I tried to activate it, I got this message and now my site is broken and I got this message: Warning: require_once(/home/woodrow6/public_html/wp-content/themes/PlatformPro/core/core.init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/woodrow6/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 4 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/woodrow6/public_html/wp-content/themes/PlatformPro/core/core.init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/woodrow6/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 4 What do I need to do to fix it... please help! Thanks

#2 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

/base/ is not a singular theme, it works in tandem with Platform Pro, so upload PlatformPro to your themes directory, and activate it... then activate /base/.

#3 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

I was already using Pro when I uploaded and activated /base/

#4 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

Make sure PlatformPro is actually all lowercase... "platformpro"

#5 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

can't even log-on - site is broken. can't access anything. all i get is that message. is a WP re-install the only option?

#6 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:01 PM

this is the live link to the wp-admin page http://woodrowspice.org/wp-admin/ and this is the site itself: http://woodrowspice.org/

#7 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hmmm... use FTP, verify that the theme directory name is 'platformpro' before doing anything drastic. Based on the information you posted, it looks like it is capitalized. I didn't think it would break it altogether.

#8 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

theme name for both is definitely lower case.

#9 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:34 PM

It certainly looks like it was installed at "PlatformPro" and not "platformpro" so I would FTP into the site, rename the directories for platformpro and base to something else, then log in again. You'll get brought back to the default admin page and the default theme will be reactivated if present. edit: What version are/were you using?

#10 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

re: version - most recent of both. i used WP theme installer rather than uploading them via FTP. all folders have lowercase but will do a rename from cpanel when next at desk. if a rename doesn't work, is a fresh install the best option? thanks for help. pro was working perfectly until i tried to activate /base/. then it just broke completely. and i have no idea why.

#11 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:07 PM

Hi Stuart, Cant you just reactivate PlatformPro for now?

#12 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:53 PM

i can't do anything...i go to my site and those fatal error messages are all i get.

#13 cmlstudios

cmlstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

This is the symptom we all had for an earlier version of Base/Pro. The capitalization of PlatformPro is the tip-off. I would bet that you somehow uploaded an older version of the themes accidentally.... Go into your cPanel file manager and rename the themes: public_html/wp-content/themes/PlatformPro to public_html/wp-content/themes/old-PlatformPro and public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase to public_html/wp-content/themes/old-platformbase Then reload your site and you should get back to the good old "Twenty Ten" theme. Re-download the Base and Platform Pro files from your account and re-upload them to your site (Platform first, and activated; then Base, and activated). We found that even if we re-named the directory from PlatformPro to platformpro it didn't work right. I think if you reload your Platform Pro you may be able to activate old-platformbase and see all the changes you had made. Hopefully this is helpful despite being partly rehash of existing info above. :) Chris

#14 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:59 PM

thanks. i'm definitely using the latest version of pro as i only uploaded it last week. but will do a name change on everything and see what happens. thanks for all the advice. when in office tomorrow (i'm in the uk) i'll make all suggested changes and advise accordingly.thanks for the help.

#15 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:07 AM

Forwarding to developer. Thanks, Bryan

#16 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:29 AM

Chris and everyone: thanks for the really detailed help but still have same problem. I renamed everything and then downloaded the latest versions of Platform and Base. I then uploaded Platform and Activated and that worked fine - everything was back to normal. Result! But then when I uploaded and activated Base, I hit the same problem again and got the same message as before: Warning: require_once(/home/woodrow6/public_html/wp-content/themes/PlatformPro/core/core.init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/woodrow6/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 4 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/woodrow6/public_html/wp-content/themes/PlatformPro/core/core.init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/woodrow6/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 4 There are no other clashing Platform themes - just TwentyTen. Is it something I'm doing wrong? All this 'cos I wanted to add some custom CSS to change body font to Droid+Sans. Oh well - the joys of web!

#17 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:56 AM

OK. I've got Platform re-installed and working. WP is telling me that "The parent theme is missing. Please install the "PlatformPro" parent theme." Yet I have done this and everytime I activate /base it breaks. Think I'll leave it alone for a while. Thanks for all the help guys - really appreciated! Stuart

#18 cmlstudios

cmlstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

Sorry Stuart, it sounds like the developers need to get involved to help sort you out. On the positive side, your site is running and looks good so that is some progress from yesterday. :) Cheers, Chris

#19 kelbycarr

kelbycarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

I just wanted to note I am encountering the exact same issue. PlatformPro activates fine. Then if I add Base I can activate right after I add, but I get the errors. If I upload Base and then click to Manage Themes page, it says that I cannot activate because the parent theme is not there.

#20 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

What hosts are you on Kelby and Stuart? I've set up 1.1.2 with Base on most of my sites now, and I've not run into this problem. Could it be, pardon the pun, platform specific?