Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Platform Pro Forum template sidebar.

Question

Posted · Report post

So when I go to www.gradiduncut.com/forums/ I do not seem to see any sidebar that is relevant to the forum. How can I set it up to look exactly like the one used in the demo page. (http://www.pagelines.com/demos/platformpro/forum/): Where: 1. The "add new topics" is lined up over the sidebar. 2. There is a log in and log out button 3. The topics in the sidebar relates to the forum. Thank you Jules

42 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Cool. Will do.

Posted · Report post

Here is what I have from the function section_template all the way to the end of the file ` function section_template() { ?>

<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) : ?> <?php _e( 'Create New Topic', 'buddypress' ) ?><?php endif; ?>

<?php pagelines_draw_sidebar($this->id, $this->name, 'template.dwidgets');?> <?php } } /* End of section class */ `

Posted · Report post

That worked perfectly, and was much clearer for me to get. Thank you

Posted · Report post

Ok so another request. Is there a way to trigger this script depending on what page we are. So If forum page then that button shows up. If group page then another script that says create group shows up? Thank you

Posted · Report post

Oh and I forgot. Is there a way to have this button enabled and disabled depending on member status?

Posted · Report post

Actually scratch the last message it does that already.

Posted · Report post

Tried the plugin did not work. In which file and where can I paste that form code. I have dreamweaver set up and running. Thank you

Posted · Report post

Jules, That's just a matter of styling it differently. The sidebar you have now is acting the way it should. You would have to make some changes to the css to get it like we have in our own forum.

Posted · Report post

So I tried with: bp_is_group_forum() bp_is_group_forum_topic() bp_is_group_forum_topic_edit() With no luck. This is the code that I was using:

<?php
	/*

Section: Tertiary Sidebar
		Author: Andrew Powers
		Description: The main widgetized sidebar
		Version: 1.0.0

*/

class TertiarySidebar extends PageLinesSection {

function __construct( $registered_settings = array() ) {

$name = __('Tertiary Sidebar', 'pagelines');
			$id = 'sidebar_tertiary';

$settings = array(
				'description' 	=> 'A tertiary widgetized sidebar for the theme that can be used in standard sidebar templates.',
				'workswith' 	=> array('sidebar1', 'sidebar2', 'sidebar_wrap'),
				'folder' 		=> 'sidebars',
				'init_file' 	=> 'section.sb_tertiary.php',
				'icon'			=> CORE_IMAGES . '/admin/sidebar.png'
			);

parent:GDN__construct($name, $id, $settings);
	   }

function section_persistent() {
			$setup = pagelines_standard_sidebar($this->name, $this->settings['description']);
			register_sidebar($setup);
		}

function section_template() { ?>
	<?php if ( bp_is_group_forum() ) : ?>
		<form action="" method="post" id="forums-search-form" class="dir-form">
				<h3 align="center"><?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) : ?>  <?php _e( 'Create New Topic', 'buddypress' ) ?><?php endif; ?></h3>

</form><? endif; ?>
		<?php pagelines_draw_sidebar($this->id, $this->name, 'template.dwidgets');?>

<?php }

}

/*
		End of section class
	*/[/code]

Posted · Report post

In another post that you responded to. I have had issus to create a new Forum topic. Is there a specific Hyperlink to administer the buddypress forum section? Because right now I am using the very top buddypress menu and the Hyperlinks from the BP Compatibility tab to create groups. Thank you

Posted · Report post

Forwarding to developer again to update them. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

whatever sidebar you want to use, for example if you want to use the primary sidebar then the file you need to edit is section.sb_primary.php so that the section template function looks like this; ` function section_template() { pagelines_draw_sidebar($this->id, $this->name, 'template.dwidgets');?>

<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) : ?> <?php _e( 'Create New Topic', 'buddypress' ) ?><?php endif; ?>

<?php } `

Posted · Report post

We've just graphically supported BuddyPress... all the issues that you're experiencing are related to the plugin... So I'd take it up with them...

Posted · Report post

Hey So I did that and got the following error in the sidebar of the forum and throughout the site: (http://test.gradiduncut.com/forums) Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/gradidun/public_html/test/wp-content/plugins/wp-exec-php/wp-exec-php.php(43) : eval()'d code on line 1 This is the overall code in the section.sb_tertiary.php

<?php
	/*

Section: Tertiary Sidebar
		Author: Andrew Powers
		Description: The main widgetized sidebar
		Version: 1.0.0

*/

class TertiarySidebar extends PageLinesSection {

function __construct( $registered_settings = array() ) {

$name = __('Tertiary Sidebar', 'pagelines');
			$id = 'sidebar_tertiary';

$settings = array(
				'description' 	=> 'A tertiary widgetized sidebar for the theme that can be used in standard sidebar templates.',
				'workswith' 	=> array('sidebar1', 'sidebar2', 'sidebar_wrap'),
				'folder' 		=> 'sidebars',
				'init_file' 	=> 'section.sb_tertiary.php',
				'icon'			=> CORE_IMAGES . '/admin/sidebar.png'
			);

parent:GDN__construct($name, $id, $settings);
	   }

function section_persistent() {
			$setup = pagelines_standard_sidebar($this->name, $this->settings['description']);
			register_sidebar($setup);
		}

function section_template() {
		 	 pagelines_draw_sidebar($this->id, $this->name, 'template.dwidgets');?>

<form action="" method="post" id="forums-search-form" class="dir-form">
				<h3><?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) : ?>  <?php _e( 'Create New Topic', 'buddypress' ) ?><?php endif; ?></h3>

</form>
		<?php }
	}

/*
		End of section class
	*/[/code]

Posted · Report post

Is it not the point of buying a $100 template to have that already done for you. Especially if promoting it as such through your demo page. In another word would this not fall into false advertising?