Photo

Platform Pro Forum template sidebar.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

So when I go to www.gradiduncut.com/forums/ I do not seem to see any sidebar that is relevant to the forum. How can I set it up to look exactly like the one used in the demo page. (http://www.pagelines...tformpro/forum/): Where: 1. The "add new topics" is lined up over the sidebar. 2. There is a log in and log out button 3. The topics in the sidebar relates to the forum. Thank you Jules

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:40 AM

I think it's because there isn't anything yet. Try creating some forums, topics, tags, categories etc. and then see if it populates. Thanks, Bryan

#3 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:24 AM

In another post that you responded to. I have had issus to create a new Forum topic. Is there a specific Hyperlink to administer the buddypress forum section? Because right now I am using the very top buddypress menu and the Hyperlinks from the BP Compatibility tab to create groups. Thank you

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:52 PM

We've just graphically supported BuddyPress... all the issues that you're experiencing are related to the plugin... So I'd take it up with them...

#5 mrdarcytaylordarcycom

mrdarcytaylordarcycom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:25 AM

On that same note, how do you re-move or at least change the graphic at the bottom of the forum that says "Pagelines". I would like to advertise on the forum as well. Is this possible? Also I signed up to be an affiliate and I was wondering how long it usually takes to be approved?

#6 mrdarcytaylordarcycom

mrdarcytaylordarcycom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:09 AM

Nevermind I figured out the sidebar for the forum, however I would still like to know the turn around time for the affiliate signup. Thanks for humoring me on the question.

#7 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:29 AM

Did anyone still need help, please refresh us of your current situation. Thanks, Bryan

#8 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:23 AM

Hi Bryan. Yes I do still need help. I Created a subdomain. http://test.gradiduncut.com with a fresh install of wordpress 3.0.1 and put in the platform pro plugin followed by buddypress and bp_template pack Went to the BP compatibility and went through with that just fine. Then went to the BP tab and installed the forum and that went well. Then created a group and a new Forum to "Propagate" it. And even though having done all this I still dont get the nice sidebar that you guys have in your demo page (http://www.pagelines...tformpro/forum/) Please take a look at mine and tell me what is different or what I am missing (http://test.gradiduncut.com/forums/) Also on the same note I would like to know how you got the register and log in hyperlink above the forum. Thank you

#9 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

Correction - I meant the platform pro Theme.

#10 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:38 PM

Jules, That's just a matter of styling it differently. The sidebar you have now is acting the way it should. You would have to make some changes to the css to get it like we have in our own forum.

#11 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:28 AM

Is it not the point of buying a $100 template to have that already done for you. Especially if promoting it as such through your demo page. In another word would this not fall into false advertising?

#12 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

Hey Jules, The forum you're seeing in the demo is the bbPress plugin that comes with the developer version. You're using the BuddyPress support in the theme; which is basically a graphical support for the template pack... ' As we've gone further with BuddyPress; it seems that there are several bugs with that software itself... so it's a work in progress getting this to be both "professional" and easy.

#13 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:57 PM

Well would you have instructions on how to get it up and running using the bbPress like you guys did? Because I would love to get it up and running just like your demo anytime soon.

#14 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

I was misunderstanding I thought you wanted it like the sidebar on this forum not the platform demo forum. There are instructions in the docs on how to integrate bbPress.

#15 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

Where?

#16 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

K I am going to clarify. I want it indeed like the one on the platform demo (which seems just like the one on this forum from an aesthetic stand point). So I want to know how to achieve this step by step please. And please point me to the relevant hyperlink. It seems to me that in your "Docs & Fac" section (http://www.pagelines.com/docs/) you have a section on the left hand side called "bbPress/Forum" (http://www.pagelines...ry/bbpressforum) but in my mind this seems to be for other themes but platform Pro. What I have followed to far are the content situated in the "PlatformPro" Side bar content (http://www.pagelines...ory/platformpro). If there are any other relevant details could you put it into the PlatformPro tab also (http://www.pagelines...ory/platformpro)?

#17 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:57 AM

Anyone?

#18 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

The sidebar you are looking for is part of the bbPress add-on, which is independent of BuddyPress. I believe you have the forums enabled via BuddyPress right now, correct? This would give you a different styling as these are "group forums" and don't require extra theme support. Does that make sense. but you can do with CSS, would you like help with that? Start by placing the correct widgets there.

#19 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

Hey Cmunnns. Yes The forum is indeed enabled with BuddyPress which was very straight forward to set up. Are you saying that even though you guys used bbpress for your forum. I could still obtain the same look using CSS for BuddyPress? If that is the case absolutely would love a bit of help with that please. There are three things I would like to incorporate in my theme like you guys did if possible: 1. The "Add New Topic" button of the Sidebar. 2. The Forum "Search" box Part of the Sidebar 3. The "Log in/Register" hyperlink above the forum. Now if all these are easier to achieve using BBpress. I would start again with bbpress in a hearbeat and your help on that would be most welcomed and wanted. Thank you

#20 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:00 PM

You will need to execute PHP in your sidebar. So you can edit files or get the PHPexec plugin and use a widget but this code will give you a add new topic button `

` Then we can go from there.