Photo
- - - - -

Two twitter-related questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 hitsong

hitsong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

Hi, recently purchased PlatformPro and am having two Twitter-related issues that are probably really elementary. 1) I want to get rid of the twitterbar above the footer, but I can't figure out how. I haven't gone so far as to edit the templates because I assume there's an easier way -- any advice? (I'm comfortable editing the php if that's the best way to go about it.) 2) I want my twitter feed to appear in my sidebar, but I can't figure out how to properly configure the widget -- every time I drag the widget over to Sidebar 1, input title/username/# of links/linked/etc., and hit save, all the fields go blank and what I get on the live site is a blank section that says "RSS not configured." What am I doing wrong? Many thanks for your help.

#2 hitsong

hitsong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:43 PM

OK, I figured out the answer to my first question -- I was looking in the "footer"settings of the template setup and not the "morefooter" settings. One down...

#3 theterribletwos

theterribletwos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

Hey, hitsong, what is the "morefooter" settings. Sorry, if I'm missing something. I've been trying to figure out how to move the twitter feed at the footer to the top of the page. Any inkling how to do that? I really like the look of it, but not the positioning. Also, with respect to the twitter sidebar not working, I had some trouble with it and I had forgotten to input my twitter username in the Global Options section, which also requires you to install the "Twitter for Wordpress" plugin. You may have already done these things, but when I did those two things, it got my twitter feed working in my sidebar. Sweet.

#4 hitsong

hitsong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

Hi Graham,
Thanks for your reply! The "morefoot area" settings are in Settings > Template Setup > select morefoot area from the drop-down menu. (I didn't call it by its correct name, which is probably why I caused confusion for you.) Taking a cursory glance, though, it seems like it's the only area where you can drag and drop the Twitter Bar. If you figure out how to make it appear at the top somewhere, though, please post it!

So I just went in and followed your advice and everything was indeed activated, and it turns out that when I edited the Twitter widget before dragging it into the sidebar, it worked. Could've been a coincidence.

#5 theterribletwos

theterribletwos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:14 AM

Thanks for potting out the drop down menu, I've just learned a bunch more with that insight. Glad you're twitter seems to be working now.