Photo
- - - - -

Searchable NextGEN Gallery

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Robert Campbell

Robert Campbell

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:20 AM

I'm in the process of converting this site Based on ZenPhoto PHP Gallery Script:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

into WordPress using Platform Pro which you can see here:

I have put a lot of effort into tagging/keywording the images used in the original galleries so that the search function is useful to the user. This is a jewelry website, so type in the name of a gemstone, metal or a design feature of jewelry and you will get nice results. My problem is that even thought NextGEN Gallery brings in my tags/keywords when I import the images from my old site, the built-in search function does not return search results from the NextGEN Gallery. I have done a bit of googling and found that the NGG author has made a little search plugin

which doesn't seem to work properly. If you run a search on my new WP site (see link above) you will see that WP puts up a 'Not Found' message while displaying the list of NGG images with tags matching search term from both search boxes on the page. Clearly this is not helpful. Can you help me integrate by tag of a NGG? Thanks!

#2 Robert Campbell

Robert Campbell

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

To clarify my last sentence, which I typed just as my girlfriend walked in asking how her site is coming along...

Can you help integrate Search by Image Tag of NextGEN Galleries?

After reading the forum guidelines, I should let you know I am running:
Wordpress 3.0.1
PlatformBase 1.0.3
NextGEN Gallery 1.6.2
NextGEN Search engine 0.6.0 (with the code snippet

placed at the end of the file searchform.php
Also:
Google Maps v3 Shortcode 1.1
Twitter for Wordpress 1.9.7