Photo
Squared

squared link opens in new window

squared new window

Best Answer ahansson89 , 17 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

You bought the plugin as is, and cannot not expect a plugin developer to help you customize it to your specific need. This is why you are paying $20 for it and not an hourly freelancer fee on $100.

I stopped making updates to the plugin - simply because there is not enough sales on this platform to justify the time spending on it compared to creating WP only plugins.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 microsqueek

microsqueek

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

I have another A.Hannson plugin problem, which I'm hoping someone can help with. The Squared plugin allows you to add links, so the image takes you to a new page. Unfortunately, you can't decide whether it's in the same page (_self) or a new page (_blank). It always opens in a new page.

Do you have any suggestions for custom code that would instruct the plugin to open in the same window? I tried modifying the PHP files directly, but didn't have any effect.

You can see what I mean here: http://dev.transitio...gn.org/projects - the two buttons on the top left have links.

Thanks!

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

Look like you fixed this - how did you go about this? 

#3 microsqueek

microsqueek

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

As far as I can tell, the problem is still there. The links still open into a new window - I want them to open in the same window. Any thoughts?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15680 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

We do not provide support for third party extensions. I have moved your topic to the correct forum location. In future if you have an issue with a third party extension, please post in the correct forum.

#5 microsqueek

microsqueek

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

Danny,

Thanks for moving it - could you give me a link for where it is now?

Unfortunately, I've tried asking the developer directly, but he doesn't seem interested in helping make tweaks to his plugins. Not a whole lot of community happening around his plugins (http://forum.pagelin...-squared-links/). It's why I asked here.

#6 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 522 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:48 PM   Best Answer

You bought the plugin as is, and cannot not expect a plugin developer to help you customize it to your specific need. This is why you are paying $20 for it and not an hourly freelancer fee on $100.

I stopped making updates to the plugin - simply because there is not enough sales on this platform to justify the time spending on it compared to creating WP only plugins.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Squared, squared, new window