Squared squared link opens in new window

Question

Posted · Report post

I have another A.Hannson plugin problem, which I'm hoping someone can help with. The Squared plugin allows you to add links, so the image takes you to a new page. Unfortunately, you can't decide whether it's in the same page (_self) or a new page (_blank). It always opens in a new page.

Do you have any suggestions for custom code that would instruct the plugin to open in the same window? I tried modifying the PHP files directly, but didn't have any effect.

You can see what I mean here: http://dev.transitionbydesign.org/projects - the two buttons on the top left have links.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

You bought the plugin as is, and cannot not expect a plugin developer to help you customize it to your specific need. This is why you are paying $20 for it and not an hourly freelancer fee on $100.

I stopped making updates to the plugin - simply because there is not enough sales on this platform to justify the time spending on it compared to creating WP only plugins.

Posted · Report post

Look like you fixed this - how did you go about this? 

Posted · Report post

As far as I can tell, the problem is still there. The links still open into a new window - I want them to open in the same window. Any thoughts?

Posted · Report post

We do not provide support for third party extensions. I have moved your topic to the correct forum location. In future if you have an issue with a third party extension, please post in the correct forum.

Posted · Report post

Danny,

Thanks for moving it - could you give me a link for where it is now?

Unfortunately, I've tried asking the developer directly, but he doesn't seem interested in helping make tweaks to his plugins. Not a whole lot of community happening around his plugins (http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33937-squared-links/). It's why I asked here.