DMS 2 Page Header Section Not Working

Question

Posted · Report post

Here's a screenshot. http://bit.ly/1iDTAy5

I'm trying to use a navigation menu in the page header section, but nothing shows up when I select it and refresh. I've tried other menus as well. Any idea what's going on?

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Yeah you basically, can't select a menu lol, so its definitely a bug, which I have just reported. Nice catch.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Does not seem to be pulling any ph-meta (ie a menu). Bug?

Posted · Report post

Hi @itarsenal 

How did you manage to resolve this? 

Posted · Report post

I haven't yet...I'm looking at other sections to accomplish what I'm looking for, basically a secondary navigation that looks good on this page...

http://itarsenal.com/services-shop/online-business-technology-survival-guide/websites/#

I'm thinking about these two, but there's no demo

http://www.pagelines.com/shop/sections/scroll-header-pro/

http://www.pagelines.com/shop/sections/scroll-nav-dms/

I couldn't see a way to get the built in Header Section to actually function.

-r

Posted · Report post

Hi there, so in the page layout you've got the fixed area at the top, then the header box underneath. You've drag and dropped a navigation section into the header area (in the screenshot you've got something in the fixed area not the header box) and it's displayed in the header area until you've refreshed and its vanished?

Or you're trying to set the menu in the current nav you have in the fixed area at the top of the page and it's not setting? If so are you using an option you've saved previously via a custom menu in appearance > menus.

Posted · Report post

Hi .. Me too ..i use pageheader but the menu is not showing . Whats the problem?

Posted · Report post

James B. Not quite sure what you mean. We are all talking about the PageHeader section. Presumably you do not have to drag a nav into it (in fact tried after reading your reply and that didnt work), as you have the option to choose the Mode: Use Nav Menu or Use Link Buttons. Link Buttons works fine. Use Nav Menu and there is no meta content added to the section when you choose Menu Mode. In fact, it is worse. If you have filled in the "Header Link 1 (link mode only)", that still displays the link buttons, even if you have then chosen the Use Nav Menu (which should be referencing the menu chosen in "Header Menu (menu mode only)".  Add nothing for link bittons and you get no meta added below the Header text and Subtext

It looks like a bug

Posted · Report post

Danny Any update on this being fixed? I have noticed that Page header does not have the menu option any longer.... is it likely to get it back? (otherwise is pretty well a materhead with the ability to align text left, right or center)

Posted · Report post

I haven't heard anything, I will speak to our developers and post here when I have more information.

Posted · Report post

Cheers

Posted · Report post

Any update??? 

Posted · Report post

The option was added but the ability to actually show a menu was never added, therefore the option was removed because it basically did nothing.