Photo
- - - - -

Different colour border bottom depending on post category

Postpins

Best Answer Danny , 14 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

No problem. I will make a note of this and mark as a feature request on your behalf (the addition of category classes if possible).

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Hi,

I was in the middle of creating custom styling class for my post pins so that each of my four categories could be further differentiated bay a different border bottom colours. 

I just realized though in creating this custom class, how would I be able to properly assign colours to different categories? Use the category classes?

I was thinking along the lines of something like this:

^ as you can see I have 4 different styling classes for my 4 categories however it's not working (I think the issue is the .category-xxx classes; I'm not sure if they are in the right spot)

Any help would be really great!

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:55 AM

Hi there

I'm not sure I'm following what you mean, on your main postpin page you're trying to get the each pin to be colored depending on the category? There's no category classes inside of the postpin box/class for you to make those changes, its not like a static post or page where the category class is in the body tag. Are you manually adding these classes in?

#3 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

Hi James, 

Yes, that's right, I want different colour pins depending on category. 

Is it possible to add those classes in to make what I'd like possible? Where abouts would I add that class in?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

You can't create custom classes and use them in that fashion, the only way to actually do that would be to add the class name to each of the postpins, which you can't do.

You can create custom classes and then use the Styling classes field on sections which adds those class(es) names to your section, but this isn't possible on individual post pins.

So to answer your question, this isn't possible out-of-the-box, as there is no category class you can use to assign custom stylings too. The only to do something like this would be for you to create a child section of PostPins and add this functionality yourself. Please be aware that creating a child section is considered advanced and user generated code. Therefore, we are unable to provide any assistance.

#5 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

Thanks for the explanation @Danny

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:22 PM   Best Answer

No problem. I will make a note of this and mark as a feature request on your behalf (the addition of category classes if possible).

• jane likes this

#7 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

That would be wonderful if you could do that - thanks @Danny!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Postpins