Photo
Cool Carousel

Settings Not Visible in DMS 2

cool carousel

Best Answer CliffordP , 23 April 2014 - 03:56 AM

I have finally had a chance to discuss the issue with a DMS core developer (Simon) and there wasn't anything noteworthy discovered, unfortunately.

As such, I had to re-do the options to be compliant with the DMS 2 option types. Version 1.8.4 is compatible ONLY with DMS 2 (do NOT update if using on DMS 1), and previously-created full width versions of Cool Carousel will GO AWAY and need to be re-created.

Please update to version 1.8.4 now if it sounds like something you want to go forward with. As always, take a backup prior to any theme, plugin, or WP updates.

I hope it works well for everyone, and thank you for your patience and understanding with me keeping Cool Carousel available to everyone who has purchased it. Many thanks to each one of you!

*OPEN A NEW TICKET if you have a new issue* Update this ticket if something with the options not appearing doesn't show up.

tyvm

-Clifford

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jcritty

jcritty

Advanced Member

• Members

• 83 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Hi there.  I'm running the latest versions of wordpress, dms2 and cool carousel (as of April 11, 2014).

No settings are visible for cool carousel on a page I've just added it to... see screenshot.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files

#2 Kedark

Kedark

• Members

• 103 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

Hi, I have the same problem ...
http://forum.pagelin...arousel-a-dms2/

if someone comes up with an idea where they are advanced settings request for info ..

Regards
Kedark

#3 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

@jcritty, thank you for the screenshot. (@Kedark, I will close your other ticket since it's a duplicate and this one has the screenshot.)

Thank you for your purchase.

My best guess is that you installed the wrong version of Cool Carousel. Please read the instructions for "Which Download File to Install?" at the bottom of http://www.pagelines.../cool-carousel/

Please delete Cool Carousel, install the proper .zip file, and see if it works. Please report back if it works or does not work. Thank you.

#4 Kedark

Kedark

• Members

• 103 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

Hello,

after installing and re-edit the carousel, there are still only a standard option. With the right background settings. No advanced settings (using version 1.8.3)

Regards
Kedark

#5 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

Please PM me wp-admin and FTP administrator credentials.

#6 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

@Kedark, my apologies... in my DMS 2 beta testing, I was able to add Cool Carousel to a page and it displayed the default which is all slides in one carousel... somehow I didn't see that all the settings were gone... my apologies.

Background info: Cool Carousel was 90% written prior to the announcement of DMS 1 (so CC was initially written for Framework). DMS 1 had support for much of Framework's section option types. Apparently DMS 2 dropped some of that.

I will investigate and update this post. You do NOT need to PM my wp-admin or FTP credentials at this time. Thank you for your patience. I expect it will be next week at the earliest.

#7 Kedark

Kedark

• Members

• 103 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Thank you very much for your answer, just put a new service and I was then given access to it, if you do not need a super ..

Thank you that everything will work .. for a cool product and I am looking forward to start a new page where the carousel is a very important part of ...

Regards,
Kedark

#8 tiltcreative

tiltcreative

Advanced Member

• Members

• 63 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:29 AM

I am having the same problem - very few settings in the front end. Please add me to the list as well when you get it sorted out, I purchased this yesterday and can only get it to show one image at a time, many settings shown in the screenshot on the website are not there.

Thanks!

Joni

#9 JawDesigns

JawDesigns

• Members

• 207 posts
  • LocationNewbury
  • Framework Version:Developer Plus Membership

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

I am also experiencing the same issues. I installed the Cool Carousel a while ago (a few weeks) but suddenly the settings have gone missing when I checked today. Please let me know when you have managed to find a solution to the issue.

Thanks,

James

#10 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:56 AM   Best Answer

I have finally had a chance to discuss the issue with a DMS core developer (Simon) and there wasn't anything noteworthy discovered, unfortunately.

As such, I had to re-do the options to be compliant with the DMS 2 option types. Version 1.8.4 is compatible ONLY with DMS 2 (do NOT update if using on DMS 1), and previously-created full width versions of Cool Carousel will GO AWAY and need to be re-created.

Please update to version 1.8.4 now if it sounds like something you want to go forward with. As always, take a backup prior to any theme, plugin, or WP updates.

I hope it works well for everyone, and thank you for your patience and understanding with me keeping Cool Carousel available to everyone who has purchased it. Many thanks to each one of you!

*OPEN A NEW TICKET if you have a new issue* Update this ticket if something with the options not appearing doesn't show up.

tyvm

-Clifford

#11 Roman Breuer

Roman Breuer

• Members

• 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

Dear Clifford,

I had the same problems... Upgrading the plugin to v1.8.4 solved the issue :o) (BTW: Wordpress v3.9, DMS2)

But! I still have a CC showing up for websitevisitors, but not in adminpanel... New thread or should I post pics and mor info here?

Best,

Roman

#12 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

@Roman Breuer, I'm glad v1.8.4 helped.

Please send me a PM for your remaining issue, including screenshots and links for me to view. tyvm.

#13 Roman Breuer

Roman Breuer

• Members

• 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

@Clifford P, Unfortunately I read your reply today and the problem was solved back in April. And I do not know how I did that ... I think after upgrading the versions of DMS, CoolCarousell and Wordpress all issues where solved.

So from my point of view I am happy with you plugin and sorry for that kind of self healing issue ;)

Best,

Roman

http://www.trinex.eu/

#14 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

@Roman Breuer, thanks for the update. Glad all is working well for you.

#15 andylemay

andylemay

Advanced Member

• Members

• 69 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

Hi Clifford,

I am on DMS 1 and so cannot upgrade.  i am missing some of the settings and instead get the following where the setting should be:

text_small Type Still Needed

Any ideas?

Thanks Andy

Attached File  Cool Carousel issue.png   22.99KB   0 downloads

#16 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

Andy, please post your question as a new topic at http://forum.pagelin...cts-by-cliff-p/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cool Carousel, cool carousel