DMS 2 Recovering Deleted Sections!

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I'm really hoping somebody can help me with this problem. 

I designed my home page and saved it as a template. I then went to work on a new page, so loaded the home page template, deleted the sections I didnt want and saved it as a new template, thinking this would work as the classic "Save As" option. However, when I went back to my home page all the sections remained deleted!!! This is a couple days work, is there anyway to recover the deleted sections/template.

Thanks

Chris

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The way you did this has deleted from the template you are using so there is no way to get this back. If you do this again and want to save as a new template you can do this using the save as new template function. . 

Posted · Report post

Thanks for your reply - I have recreated the home page now.

However, I am still having issues with templates. 

I am working on a site for a pest control company and I have created a page for Ants and save this template. I then created another page for Bed Bugs using this template and saved it as another template.

So I have 2 pages, each with there own template, however if I edit the text box on the Ant template, it will automatically apply these changes to the Bed Bug page/template. Any ideas?

A work in progress version can be seen here:

http://ontoppestcontrol.com/bed-bug-pest-control-kent/

Posted · Report post

You need to unlock a template, before saving it as a new template. That way, each section is not locked into one template