Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Mobile view error when setting section to height of window

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

There seems to be a bug in DMS2 that causes view problems on mobile browsers. 

I have a site where the canvas area on the first page is set to the height of the browser window. The canvas area has a background image, and a column with a text box on it. (I had to do this because my revolution slider won't work on IE8, and unfortunately my clients are stuck on that outdated broser...)

When viewing the site on a mobile device, the canvas area is overlapped by the next elements on the page. When I remove the "set to window height" setting of the canvas area, the site is displayed correctly on the mobile device, but off course does not look very nice on the desktop anymore. 

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks a lot!

Bert

url: newsite.appointsolutions.com/wordpress/

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, 

Did you try on iphone? I tested on iphone5s safari. Other browsers are now working since I took off the revolution slider.

Thanks!

Bert

Posted · Report post

We finally pinpointed the problem, it was caused by the "set height to window" setting, which is buggy. To make things worse, when a quick carousel is added to the first page canvas (which is supposed to have the screen height) and the carousel has more items then can be show (so requiring scrolling animation), the entire canvas section collapses. 

We have fixed with the following hack:

1. Set Canvas area styling to "No \scroll Effect"

2. Add the following custom script:

<script language="JavaScript">setTimeout(function() {var header = document.getElementById('pl_areauklb3ob'); if (header) {header.style.minHeight = window.innerHeight+'px';}},1);</script>

(where the pl_.... is your canvas area alemen)