Photo
- - - - -

Feature Slides not showing (Renamed)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 leah

leah

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

about 30 seconds after I wrote that things were "fixed" I added a fifth and sixth slide to the front page feature slider, and once again, only the first four slides are showing up. I haven't TOUCHED the code. I reverted every single thing in the theme back to default, and only added back my custom CSS. I haven't touched any of the templates, nothing. What the hey??? I'm getting pretty frustrated. What am I doing wrong?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

Hello, is this your website?:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(Just double-checking so that I'm looking at the right one)

#3 leah

leah

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

Yes, thank you. Sorry I forgot to link.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

First, sorry about the frustration.. I can empathize with you. Second, on this site I am seeing 4 slides.. have you added anymore in the backend? It appears you have created a markup issue somewhere; I don't know where. You might be able to find it using the w3 validator here:

Third, even though you are frustrated, your site looks great! Nice customization work.

#5 cmlstudios

cmlstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:33 PM

Just a theory, but when you added your new feature pages, did you include them in the right category to go along with the first four?

#6 leah

leah

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:50 PM

Yes, I have a total of 6 slides created, but only the first four are showing. Second, thanks for the feedback Chris, yes I created them under "feature slide" not "feature box" and they are all pointed at the same page ID (36 - my home page). Andrew thanks for the link, I'll try it and thanks for the feedback on the site :-) It's getting there.

#7 leah

leah

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

Ok, the W3 validator found some errors, and I've fixed the ones I knew what to do with, I'll paste the others here and perhaps someone can help me? ` 1. Warning Line 298, Column 11: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data /*SUBHEAD & SUBNAV*/ 2. Warning Line 393, Column 11: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data /*SIDEBAR & WIDGETS*/ 3. Error Line 808, Column 39: end tag for "span" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified <li><span class="last">? </li> 4. Info Line 808, Column 10: start tag was here <li><span class="last">? </li> 5. Error Line 887, Column 27: there is no attribute "role" <div id="sidebar" role="complementary"> 6. Error Line 933, Column 24: ID "searchform" already defined <form method="get" id="searchform" class="" action="http://fairmounttemple.org.??¦ 7. Info Line 812, Column 24: ID "searchform" first defined here <form method="get" id="searchform" class="" action="http://fairmounttemple.org.??¦ 8. Error Line 935, Column 50: ID "s" already defined ??¦pe="text" value="Search" name="s" id="s" onfocus="if (this.value == 'Search') ??¦ 9. Info Line 814, Column 50: ID "s" first defined here ??¦pe="text" value="Search" name="s" id="s" onfocus="if (this.value == 'Search') ??¦ 10. Error Line 940, Column 120: end tag for "br" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified ??¦for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!</p> 11. Info Line 940, Column 116: start tag was here ??¦for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!</p>`

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

Well to get rid of the first couple delimiter errors get rid of the ampersands in your custom css `/*SIDEBAR & WIDGETS*/` Should be `/*SIDEBAR AND WIDGETS*/`

#9 leah

leah

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

ok thanks.

#10 leah

leah

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:02 AM

changed that.

#11 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:15 AM

Important head's up. Ampersands & are important and there for a reason, do not remove them, they simply need to be corrected to: `& amp;` - no space between & a Forwarding for developer help. Thanks, Bryan

#12 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

IF you're still having the problem after all this, email us some login credentials... I'll look at what's going on a little closer...

#13 leah

leah

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

What is the email I should use? Under Contact Us it lists an email that is for non-support questions only.

#14 leah

leah

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:00 AM

Sent an email. thanks.