I need the "Pagelines Sections" plugin

Question

Posted · Report post

When I temporarily switched to DMS, I was warned to delete the Pagelines Sections plugin, as it caused issues with the switch. So I did it, but now want it back, as I'm not a programmer of any kind, and DMS is not nearly as simple to use as Framework. 

Does anyone know where I can download the Pagelines Sections plugin again? It's got to be online somewhere... Pagelines archives of some kind?

26 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Ok i have sent you the plugin 

This plugin is now available from the Desk - if anyone requires anything for Framework Please email hello @ pagelines dot com 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You dont need to be a programmer to use DMS ;) 

All the Framework included content is on this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/muyy8k5xcjvbvlo/Framework-included-content.zip

Please let us know if we can help with DMS useage, it will be worth it in the end. Is it setting up or getting to grips with using it?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi Martin :-)

Thanks so much for the link. I went back to Framework because I was totally lost in trying to configure my home page. I figured I'd be on the forum too much in getting help with just that page. From uploading plugins, to removing unwanted space above the nav bar, to configuring full width nav bar, etc... I'm just a technologically-challenged mess :-)

Posted · Report post

Haha, well I think you should try again and ask all the questions you need to, that's what we are here for :) 

sounds like you had DMS up and running so your there pretty much.. 

Posted · Report post

Hey there Martin :-)

I'm having trouble uploading the sections file... I'm getting the error message " Extension problem found. The file did not appear to be a Pagelines section."

See I told you I'm a mess :-)

Posted · Report post

You need to extract the contents from the zip file using your machines compression programme. If you're on a mac it should work automatically or if you are using a PC you might need to download free cersion of Winzip or Winrar 

Inside the zip are the files you will need to install. Install each .zip as necessary.

Any problems let us know

Posted · Report post

I extracted all the zipped files, and there were two that had the word "sections" in them -  the "plugin-paglines-legacy-sections", which I installed, and the "section-pagelines-section-template" which wouldn't load - I get this error message: 

Unpacking the packageā€¦
Installing the pluginā€¦

The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.

Plugin install failed.

I'm unable to put my site online now, as there are TONS of plugins which I purchased both from Pagelines and from individuals, which were uninstalled during the transfer to DMS, so my site is a mess. I need to get the sections plugin back so my section plugins will install.

Posted · Report post

Similar issue... I'm trying to add the content box section. I have the files from your Dropbox link above. How do I upload this section?

Posted · Report post

You will need to upload them using an FTP client and upload them to your child themes section folder.

Posted · Report post

Thanks. Looking for that folder but I don't see it. I see all the sections listed under wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections .... I tried uploading the "contentbox" file to this area but it didn't work, as expected. what am I missing?

Posted · Report post

Thats the main theme folder, you need to upload it to your child themes section folder, like I mentioned above.

Posted · Report post

I must be an idiot or blind, but I can't find that folder ("child themes section) anywhere in all my directories. ??

Posted · Report post

There is no section called Child theme sections, it is a separate theme, you install.

You can create your own very own child theme or use this basic one I have created here - https://github.com/Dannyholt/skeleton-plframework

Posted · Report post

Ok I've finally gotten around to doing this. I created a child theme that was an exact copy of my current theme and put the content box folder/files into the theme's section folder. I activated my child theme on my site, but I'm not seeing the content box among my other available sections on the drag & drop page. ???

B

Posted · Report post

Can you provide a screenshot of your FTP client so we can see where you have installed the section please.

Posted · Report post

[attachment=2361:Screen Shot 2014-08-06 at 7.48.45 AM.png]Here you go. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

The folder needs to be called sections not section, change it to sections and this should resolve your issue.

Posted · Report post

Got it! I actually fixed that right before I saw your messages so I'm feeling super awesome... ha.

Thanks for your help. 

B

Posted · Report post

Awesome and happy to hear you have resolved the issue.

Posted · Report post

Resurrecting this thread. I'm trying to add the content box section to another website. I've created the child theme, added the sections folder, and loaded the content box directory and files. Activated the child theme. I'm still not seeing it appear on the drag and drop page with available sections. Tried attaching a screen shot of my file directories but it's too large. hmmmm.

Posted · Report post

Please take a screenshot of your child themes section folder so we can see what the ContentBox directory is called. Upload your screenshot to a image hosting service such as Imgur or DropBox.

Posted · Report post

Can you send me a PM with the follow information.

1. A link to this topic so that I know what the PM is regarding.

2. A link to the site in question

3. Your admin username/password

Once I have this information, I can investigate further.

Posted · Report post

You do not have the PageLines sections plugin installed, which is likely the cause of your issue. You can download it from here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/muyy8k5xcjvbvlo/Framework-included-content.zip

However, I logged into your site and you're using the free version of PageLines Framework. PageLines Framework is now open source so you can use the pro version. Therefore, I recommend you upgrade and use that or better yet, upgrade to DMS Framework. As PageLines Framework is a legacy theme, has been for almost two years and therefore, our support is very limited.

Posted · Report post

How do I access the pro version? I noticed this site had only the free version and I think I can't activate the content box unless I have the pro version. Where do I get it?

Yes, I did not install the PageLines section plugin. Done that now. Thanks!

I love DMS, it is beautiful. I've actually purchased it but it is taking me too long to figure it all out. :/

Thanks Danny