7 replies to this topic

#1 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

Hi,

It would be great the Masonic Gallery could load all posts, and had a "load more posts" button like Post Pins. That way, the "limit" would be for how many posts load on the page.

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hello Jane 

You can increase the maximum number of posts loaded in Masonic and the instructions are in the following topic http://forum.pagelin...-20/?hl=masonic

Your suggestion will be fed back to the dev team :) 

#3 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

Thank  you @Martin Davies; so this is something else to be added to functions.php? The post referenced a pagelines customize plugin however I don't see that in the store, is it no longer available of under a different name?

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

hi @jane - don't add anything or make any checking to functions.php - only do this in your child theme. 

If you don't have a child theme - it's really easy to do. 

Use this made by @danny https://github.com/Dannyholt/Skeleton

explanation of child themes here http://docs.pageline...ase-child-theme

• batman likes this

#5 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Hi @Martin Davies; I followed your advice and created a child theme. I input the php to get rid of Karma and to load all posts in masonic gallery. I activated it and things went wrong. The karma code didn't work and the masonic gallery code did work however not in a way that's practical. The widgetizer sections refused to show the widgets I wanted. So in all it was a mess.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

Activating a child theme will of course change your widgets AND menus. Thats how wordpress stores widget and menu data as a theme option, you changed the theme ;)

#7 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Hi @Simon_P, I understand that but in an attempt to restore my widgets and menus, it didn't work - it seems like it was "stuck" if that makes sense. Also the Karma section was still there so in all, it didn't make sense to keep the child theme

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

Hi there, I can't see any reference to karma code in the post Martin referenced above. If you've still trying to hide this section could you please link to where you've seen the hide karma snippet so we can take a look, and a live link to where it appears on your site so we can look at the css.