Question

Posted · Report post

I have the latest version of DMS and pro-tools-plugin on http://www.jeppedlarsen.se/

I want to get back the DMS1 post-layout (like it is now) and used the legacy-option but then the sidebar wont stay on the right but jumps down under the posts. What to do?

Is there an option in DMS2 to keep the orginial post layout?

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I have viewed your PostLoop and Sidebar section settings and the Sidebar has an offset of 8 and the Loop section has the class force to new row.

Therefore, your widths are either not correct, you have the an offset value and/or you have clicked force to new row one of these is the cause of your issue. If you remove both sections from your page.

Add the two column layout section to your page, set the width to the right hand column to 4/12 and then increase the left columns to 8/12. Now add the PostLoop section to the left column and your sidebar to the right column. Do not press the force to new row or add any offsets to either column. This should resolve your issue.

Also, as far as I can tell you have some mark up issues, which you're going to need to investigate, it looks as though you have added <b> tags somewhere and not closed them correctly, as they're clearly seen in your markup.

https://cloudup.com/ca6HumPMGQu

So quickly sum it up, the issue isn't a bug with DMS, the problem has been caused by how you have set up the sections. If you follow my instructions above, this should resolve your issue.

Posted · Report post

Hi semivaken

Please, you can "decrease with" the section post or/and the slider

http://screencast.com/t/FLoaHKgPfcs

Posted · Report post

batman. I think he is talking about a bug. I had this on my 'latest posts page. Just had to do without a primary sidebar. Could not get it to stay as a 2 column layout adn really dont want to reset everything on the site. Works on some of the 'special WP post pages and not on others (works for tags but not on the categories pages, for instance)

Posted · Report post

Yes, I tried to change the width. This is some kind of bug. Is there a code that gets the old post-design but without legacy-mode.

Posted · Report post

I managed to get rid of the avatar using 

.pl-new-loop .metahead {
  display: none;
}

.pl-new-loop .hentry.post, .pl-new-loop .hentry.multi-post {
  padding-left: 0px;

}

What do I need to add to get the full posts and not the excerpts? Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Hi there, once legacy mode is enabled you're able to check the panel for full posts to be displayed - http://screencast.com/t/rAOaG422

Can you please screencast the issue you're having with the legacy mode conflict with the sidebar. I've been unable to replicate this locally. Have you got the primary sidebar in it's own column?

Posted · Report post

Yes I use a two column layout and tried to romove it all and add back again and once saved, and when I check in inkognito-mode the sidebar has jumped down below the left column and somehow it continues all the way up on the left column like its layered on top of the content loop.

I have tried that on legacy-mode and it did´nt work so I´d rather put some extra css-code in to get the full content post without legacy. 

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I have just tried to recreate your issue and I am unable to do so. I have just this moment enabled legacy mode, full post content and the sidebar remains in tact and works as intended.

https://cloudup.com/cek7sLG0Df0

If you're using the latest version of DMS, then the likely cause of your issue is either a plugin you have installed or custom CSS. If you disable all active plugins and remove all custom code i.e. CSS/LESS/scripts does this resolve your issue.

Posted · Report post

Tried disabling all plugins and removing custom code, still the same. Sometimes it looks like its resolved when saved in backend like in your cloudup but then it still doesnt work when looking in Inkognito-mode.

Posted · Report post

Ah, the double <b><b></b></b> in post nr 10 was the problem. I had already tried recreating the columns a couple of times I just tried the force new row to try something new...

Anyway this wasn´t a problem until upgrading to DMS 2.

Thank you for your patience!

Posted · Report post

No problem.