DMS 2 post meta color

Question

Posted · Report post

hi all-

No matter what color i put for the post meta, which right now is #fec000, it looks more dismal than the actual color should be. Is there a way to fix this? For example, this is an image comparing the color entered and what the post meta color looks like(and when you inspect the element it is the color that comes up):

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_5633.jpg

In case you want a clearer pic:

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/wp-content/uploads/dmscolor.jpg

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Resolved...Simon_P provided the solution:

<h5 class="higher-ground">
Cosmic Consciousness<br>Using Astrology To Gain Higher Ground</h5>

CSS:

.higher-ground {

font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-style: italic;

color: #F0BB44;

}

Posted · Report post

Hi KimAnn03

This might not be the best way to add style to your site >

<h5>

<font color="#F0BB44;font="" face="Trebuchet MS">

The font tag is deprecated and not supported in HTML5 - you should be using CSS to get the best result, This and other deprecated functionality will not get you the best results, search engine results and will one day stop working or at least get you ranking lower than sites that are using the correct methods. Browser simply won't  support this in the future and your site will stop working in those browsers. . 

You could use a custom CSS class and add this to the section. 

you can see more advice about the deprecated functionality used on your site here http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_font.asp

CSS Example: Set the color of text

CSS Example: Set the font of text

CSS Example: Set the size of text

I think you will get better results using CSS on your site 

So in turn it is CSS that is affecting the 'drabness' of the vibrant gold color. 

The CSS for the post meta info is as follows 

.pl-old-loop .metabar {
  font-size:85%;
  font-style:normal;
  line-height:1.6em;
  margin:5px 0 15px;
  opacity:0.7;}

the opacity is 'dulling' the color as you might imagine it would. 

try changing this by rewriting the CSS for that meta class to opacity : 1;
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Martin Davies thank you so much that did it! Do I have the above somewhere on my site is that why you referenced it? This:

<font color="#F0BB44;font="" face="Trebuchet MS">

Also My post meta is configured like this, is this ok?

By [post_author_posts_link] <div style="float: right;">[post_date]</div>

Is it just the font tag deprecated in html5?

Posted · Report post

Martin Davies I found what you were referencing. This is the media box on my homepage where I have the code:

<h5><FONT COLOR="#F0BB44";FONT FACE="Trebuchet MS"><i>Cosmic Consciousness<br>Using Astrology To Gain Higher Ground</font></i></h4>

SO I went to the Custom Styling Class and I added frontmediabox as the class.

I tried this:

.frontmediabox {

font-color: #F0BB44

}

and it did not work. Any other suggestions so I can get rid of that ugly code (thanks for pointing that out). I also want trebuchet MS as font.

thanks

Posted · Report post

Martin Davies I found what you were referencing. This is the media box on my homepage where I have the code:

<h5><FONT COLOR="#F0BB44";FONT FACE="Trebuchet MS"><i>Cosmic Consciousness<br>Using Astrology To Gain Higher Ground</font></i></h4>

SO I went to the Custom Styling Class and I added frontmediabox as the class.

I tried this:

.frontmediabox {

font-color: #F0BB44

}

and it did not work. Any other suggestions so I can get rid of that ugly code (thanks for pointing that out). I also want trebuchet MS as font.

thanks

Try adding to wp-admin > Pagelines > DMS Fallbacks > Custom CSS/LESS

.frontmediabox {

color: #F0BB44

}

Then in the Custom Styling Classes, you reference that class by adding:  frontmediabox

Add in for font family, referenced  for that class .frontmediabox, that you have just created

.frontmediabox {

color: #F0BB44

font-family: "Trebuchet MS";

}

but if that is to be site/page wide, (not sure why you are not changing that in Site Settings > Typography????) then you should really use a separate piece of CSS in wp-admin > Pagelines > DMS Fallbacks > Custom CSS/LESS

font-family: "Trebuchet MS", "Lucida Grande","Lucida Sans Unicode","Lucida Sans",Arial,sans-serif;

and using #site or #page ids depending where you want the CSS to apply, to make sure that the  CSS changes override default CSS rules

#site {

font-family: "Trebuchet MS", "Lucida Grande","Lucida Sans Unicode","Lucida Sans",Arial,sans-serif;

}

or if it is #page, then you will need to reference its id or a particular section, ie #page .section { font-family: "Trebuchet MS", "Lucida Grande","Lucida Sans Unicode","Lucida Sans",Arial,sans-serif;} 

Posted · Report post

I tried like 30 different ways to get the styling classes for this media box to work and NOTHING. I used the provided CSS, tried a few different styling classes, read the DMS docs on styling classes, used the fallback editor....nothing worked. If your editor worked like it is supposed to I'd be happy to use CSS to code this text, however I have to use less than desirable code to get the effect I need :(

Posted · Report post

Glad you managed to resolve, thank you for updating the thread.