DMS 2 Fixed navigation bar issue in DMS2

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm having problems with the navigation bar fixed. 

I click on the 'delete' for remove a fixed section (because I don't want a fixed bar), I refresh the page but then the bar reappears. All the time.

Does anyone experience the same issue?

17 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The problem is similar but not the same. 

I try to replace the bar but without success. Or if I try to change logo and the menu after a few minutes reappears the navigation bar demo with the logo of PageLines. 

How do you work this way? I can't even publish the website.

Posted · Report post

PageLines?? This is a bug! None of the developers responding?

Posted · Report post

Hello @layasamadhi 

Do you have a link to your site? Could you enable debug for us please in Site Settings > Advanced and let us know when you have done this. 

Posted · Report post

I can't make public the website because it is still in the design phase (I can only do that by privately). In fact I have a client who would like the online pubblication but I'm late for this problem.

Substantially I can 't delete the section fixed. I refresh the page but then the bar reappears. To be precise always reappears navi(full). Always. To eliminate the problem I should change the css with rule display:none, but it seems to me absurd.

In addition, I also tried to custom the navi(full) but something incredible happens. I change the logo and every time that I refresh the page, the logo of PageLines reappears!

I also tried to reinstall everything over again, including wordpress. I also tried it on a local server. But the problem persists.

Posted · Report post

What layout mode are you using, if you're using Boxed Mode, switch to Full Width Display and then you will be able to remove the Fixed NavBar or Navi section. Once removed, switch back to Boxed Mode.

Posted · Report post

massmosaic - No what I was referring to is that there is a minor issue when using Boxed Mode as your layout option. Where full width sections placed inside the Fixed Header area have their controls off screen and you can not access them. It sounds like you done it the other way round.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, you're going to need to make sure you have the latest version of DMS installed and disable all active plugins. On my test site, I have no issue deleting sections from the Fixed Area. So you issue is likely caused by a third party extension.

If disabling all active plugins, still doesn't resolve your problem, email our helpdesk with the following:

A link to this topic, so they have something to reference.

Your admin username and password, along with a link to the site in question.

Make sure debug mode is active and all plugins are disabled.

hello at pagelines dot com <== Email address to contact our helpdesk.

Posted · Report post

What layout mode are you using, if you're using Boxed Mode, switch to Full Width Display and then you will be able to remove the Fixed NavBar or Navi section. Once removed, switch back to Boxed Mode.

In this way the problem persists. 

Just now it happened a similar problem with the socialinks section. In practice, it is deleted content (ie copyright information) without I having done something.

Posted · Report post

email our helpdesk with the following:

A link to this topic, so they have something to reference.

Your admin username and password, along with a link to the site in question.

Make sure debug mode is active and all plugins are disabled.

hello at pagelines dot com <== Email address to contact our helpdesk.

layasamadhi - please try the above 

Posted · Report post

I had the same problem and solved it for myself.

The fixed section cannot be removed, but it can be emptied. Then it is not visible.

The problem with the full-width sections in DMS Editor is that their mini menus extend out of the left side of the window. Did you notice that you can only see the 'edit' symbol (pencil)?

However, when you move the cursor a bit more to the left of the 'edit' symbol, you'll see it turn into the 'move' function. Then you can drag the Navi out of the 'fixed' section, thus emptying it out.

Drop it somewhere in the header or template (not full width) section, to see the entire mini menu again, including the 'delete' function.

Posted · Report post

I think there seems to be some confusion, the Fixed Template Area will always be there. However, if the area isn't populated then it will not feature on your website. It will be visible if you add sections to it, such as a Fixed NavBar etc..

However, if you have removed a section such as a Fixed NavBar and upon reload the section is still there. You have either not published your changes or you have a issue with either a plugin or server configuration.

Posted · Report post

Hi there, email received. Have logged in and deleted the part in the top/fixed header area for you.

Mods - login details in admin notes above if needed.

Posted · Report post

Is the issue now resolved ?

Posted · Report post

Thank you for informing us the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it.