Photo

Box images not centered when position on top

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 adriancrook

adriancrook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:07 AM

Check out this page: http://compulsionloop.com/our-clients/ The Pepsico box (purely placeholder) seems slightly too far to the right. How do I center it over the box title and text?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:27 AM

Hm, perhaps it looks that way because of the flush left/ragged right text below it. Would you like to see what the text looks like centered (that way it can be determined whether or not the images are centered)?

#3 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

Using FireBug, it looks like those images are centered.

#4 adriancrook

adriancrook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:40 AM

Thanks for the quick replies! Take a look at the image on the far right - I've centered the text underneath it and you can still see that the image is further over to the right than the text. It's subtle, but noticeable.

#5 adriancrook

adriancrook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

You know what, I might have to take that back. It seems pretty centered when I break out the ol' pixel by pixel measurement. Odd. How can I do proportional width text in those boxes? That would remove the off-center sensation.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:20 AM

Hello, do you mean that you'd like the width of the text to be the same as the width of the images you will be placing above it?

#7 adriancrook

adriancrook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:43 AM

Yes... so that the width of the text stretches to fill the available space. So there isn't a ragged right edge.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:55 PM

Justifying the text might be the best way to do it, but a disadvantage of that would be the big "rivers" of spaces between certain words (as shown in the right column here: http://www.pws-ltd.c...tified-text.gif). We could still test it out, though. How wide will your images be?