Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Box images not centered when position on top

Question

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hm, perhaps it looks that way because of the flush left/ragged right text below it. Would you like to see what the text looks like centered (that way it can be determined whether or not the images are centered)?

Posted · Report post

Using FireBug, it looks like those images are centered.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the quick replies! Take a look at the image on the far right - I've centered the text underneath it and you can still see that the image is further over to the right than the text. It's subtle, but noticeable.

Posted · Report post

You know what, I might have to take that back. It seems pretty centered when I break out the ol' pixel by pixel measurement. Odd. How can I do proportional width text in those boxes? That would remove the off-center sensation.

Posted · Report post

Hello, do you mean that you'd like the width of the text to be the same as the width of the images you will be placing above it?

Posted · Report post

Yes... so that the width of the text stretches to fill the available space. So there isn't a ragged right edge.

Posted · Report post

Justifying the text might be the best way to do it, but a disadvantage of that would be the big "rivers" of spaces between certain words (as shown in the right column here: http://www.pws-ltd.com/images/articles/justified-text.gif). We could still test it out, though. How wide will your images be?