DMS 2 DMS 2.0.2 Footer Section Not Working Properly

Question

Posted · Report post

I am having issues with customizing the footer section. The columns/widgets move unexpectedly to the white space below and I am unable to delete them. After several attempts - they eventually disappear - but I am unable to complete my custom work.

It seems the moment I add a second column (4 wide) ... it bumps it off the section an under the footer. At that point I cannot delete or move. 

Any advice on this issue?  (I am using DMS 2.0.2 - all updates completed - cache flushed - Flywheel)

http://screencast.com/t/8UAzZCU3

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

shawnsaunders Have you tried using Columinizer under widgetized sections. You might find that easier

Posted · Report post

I am not quite sure what is causing your issue is on from that video and I am unable to recreate it. However, I recommend you do what GetMeWebDesign suggested and use the Columnizer section, it will make your life easier as that is what the section was designed for, to make columns with widgets.

Posted · Report post

I do like what the columnizer has to offer - but I need some custom items in the area. I can't seem to resolve this one. 

Is there a quick way to edit the Pagelines default nformation in the columizer (right column)? 

Posted · Report post

I am familiar with the plug-in,etc ... but there doesnt appear a way to edit the Pagelines sample text in the left column?

Also ... do you have any suggestions as to why I cannot delete sections?  Is there any known issues with Flywheel or DMS?  I am unable to complete any work. 

Posted · Report post

I am not sure what you're referring to, the Columnizer section comes with default text/content, most of this can be edited. However, this is just placeholder content, the power of the Columnizer section is that you can assign a sidebar to the section and any widgets you add will be in columns and not underneath one another.

If you can't delete sections then its likely an issue caused by a plugin, have you disabled all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue. If this doesn't resolve your issue, please create a new topic and provide a video of your issue, use can use Jing.

Also, please keep your topic to one question as per forum policy, this is for search indexing reasons.

Posted · Report post

How do I change the  color of the global footer? I did this before but my site was wiped and I'm  rebuilding it!

Posted · Report post

If you want to change the background-color of the Footer region, simply select the Footer regions sections tools (left hand-side) and then use the Background-color option.

https://cloudup.com/cGhDVMETzD7