#1 jdstiles2

jdstiles2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area
  • Framework Version:Platform Pro

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:59 PM

Hey everyone...My site www.formsales.com has a background image that I want to keep on the screen at all times.  I would like the information to scroll up as the reader uses the mouse to scroll down.  Right now, as you will see if you test, the whole page moves down and the image is lost.  The best example is clicking on the blog page.  I read one other topic in the forum related to this but the poster was corrected for posting in the incorrect spot and I did not get to see the answer.  I am running platform pro and I guess I'm asking for a static background.

Also...I see in december you released a newer version.  What is the success rate of the update?  Any ideas?  I'm not sure I want to risk it and I know you are trying to move past this theme and move on.  I do have framework but I have not made the jump over yet. 

Jack  

• assomibatrifs likes this

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17532 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

Hi Jack,

You will either need to set your Background image to fixed or use the background-size: cover;

What I would recommend though, is for you to upgrade to DMS, you can download the free version from WordPress.org, it comes with a number of options for background images.

Also, please be aware that we no longer provide support for Platform Pro as it is now a legacy theme and has been since 2012, due to the release of PageLines Framework. PageLines Framework is now considered a legacy theme due to our latest product DMS.

#3 jdstiles2

jdstiles2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area
  • Framework Version:Platform Pro

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

Hi Danny,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I just downloaded DMS.  When I activated it, it makes my site go bye bye.  Can you send me a link for the migration to DMS from Pagelines pro?  I see a few online but I'd prefer a link from you.  Also, do you think I can make the new site look like the old site?  I'm concerned that I get my hands dirty in DMS and I can't replicate the result.  Thanks as always for you help.  I have only built one website in my whole life and I used platform pro, I love pagelines products but I'm no computer genius and change is scary.  Am I being over cautious?  LOL

Thanks!  Have a great day!

:zoro: