DMS 2 Basic Question: How to make diff text box content per page?

Question

Posted · Report post

Site: http://alchemystvapes.com/

Hopefully simple question here. I'm using WooCommerce and am trying to give differing text box content to each product page. Currently, if I change the text in one, it propagates to all the others.

I googled around but didn't find anything on this.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not talking about the "WP Content Area" part. That part is easy to customize per page. I need to be able to use the DMS text box section for this.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Any help?

Posted · Report post

If you are using the same template, then any changes you make, to text box content, sections etc will be global for that template. Not what you want to hear!

Two alternatives. Give each page an unique template, but use custom sections for content that you want on every page type, so that when you can one it will change all.

If there are no 'global' sections for that template, then you can open the template, unlock it, and then make any changes you want. Save the page as is. It will have "Template: None", but will look the same as your original template, bar the 'local' changes you have made

Posted · Report post

Snap, that's not very elegant, is it? It seems we could benefit from some sort of tickerbox that switches sections between being global or local.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, I could make a separate template for each product, and thus have separate text boxes for each?

Of course, then when I make other changes to product pages that I want to be global, I'll have to make the same changes for every single product throughout the site.

What a shame. I thought DMS was designed to take care of this kind of thing.

Posted · Report post

If you do that (make seperate templates), then save custom sections (canvas' etc) and apply them to each template. Or have a set tamplate with you custom sections on it( that you need to change globally) and each time you need a 'new' product template, open you default, unlock, make chamges and save as new template.
Laborious!

Posted · Report post

What happened to the local/global options for sections? That would solve the problem right there!