7 replies to this topic

#1 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

Hi,

It would be nice if you were to develop practical how to guides on how to use the hooks editor. I think this particular feature go unused by lots of people who would probably really benefit from using it.

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

Please find the hooks guide here http://docs.pageline.../advanced/hooks

#3 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

Hi @Martin Davies yes I've seen this document but what I mean is it would be useful to have step-by-step guide to using the Hooker plugin. This document doesn't do that.

For example, something that explains all the items under "add a new hook" - and how one might use them(give examples), how to use the hooks import section, etc. So in essence, far more in depth and practical enough that someone without advanced knowledge of php can use the plugin.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

Hi there,

The hooker plugin has all the PageLines hooks in the drop down. The easiest way to find out which one you need would be to use the action map feature (this is built into the Pro Tools plugin for DMS) first. When turned on this displays all the hook locations on your live page, so you see your page with text indicators on top showing you where each hook begins and ends. You can then see on the page exactly where is best to insert the content closest to the location you want to.

You can then make a note of that hook, go to the hooker plugin and choose it from the drop down. In the box below insert the content you want, html, js etc. and save. You'll now see the content you entered rendered in that location on the page. You can then use css if needed to align or position the content more precisely.

#5 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

Hi @James B thanks for the more thorough explanation. I still maintain that it would great if these kinds of instructional documents, courses, video, etc could be developed as a value-added item for subscribers

#6 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

This is in the pipeline and i have fed your suggestions back to the team. If we can fill in the blanks please let us know. 

#7 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

Thank you @Martin Davies

#8 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts