DMS 2 Front-end custom less/CSS doesn't work in DMS2

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm having a lot of problems with the custom less/css.

In practice I've added the code but now I cann't delete it or change it more. For example if I try to refresh the page all comes back to the starting point. If I click Ctrl+Return nothing happens. I've tried several times to empty the browser cache but the problem persists.

Also if I try to change css in the back-end through DMS LESS Fallback the problem persists.

Someone is having the same problems?

61 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

bwdsl247 an update was released last night to fix the css issue. Upgrade to version 2.02

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

i have the same problem, i can't edit css in the front editor. Each time i refresh the site, the new code is gone. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the update guys. Please could you give us some more information regarding these issues and we are looking into it. 

Could you use the pastebin to copy the CSS code you are using and paste in the link to the code - please do not paste in the code to the forum reply. The pastebin can be found at the top of the post or use this link http://forum.pagelines.com/pst/

Try disabling all plugins and see if this resolves the problem. Let us know if there is a plugin conflict. 

Also, could we have links to your sites? 

Also please enable the debug for us in Site Settings > advanced 

Posted · Report post

This is on the tracker at the moment as high priority so you have our assurance it is being looked at. This information helps to identify the problem. :) 

i will update you when this has been resolved or more information is available

Posted · Report post

@nokow 

i have noticed a cause of this can be incorrect CSS (leads to CSS not working) 

try erunning your CSS through the Validator here and correct the two errors and let us know if this resolved the issue http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Posted · Report post

I've corrected my css but it's still the same, i can't modify it in dms. 

Posted · Report post

ok thanks for letting us know 

would you mind repasting the Pastebin CSS now that it has been rectified. 

Posted · Report post

nokow - thank you - this helps to try and recreate the issue :) 

Posted · Report post

I have the same problem in DMS2.  I know I have incorrect code, (an extra bracket) but I can't get it to stay fixed, either using the front end editor or by using the fallback LESS editor.  This is keeping me from adding any CSS classes to my site.  (www.palyswim.com)

I promise to always validate my code before putting it in the DMS editor from now on :) , but how do I fix it now?

Posted · Report post

This is a bug that has been reported to the tracker. We will update once a fix/patch is in place. 

removing all the code from your site sometimes work but not always. 

If you enable debug for us on your site we will see if anything stands out from there for your particular site. 

Posted · Report post

Debugging is enabled, thanks.  Let me know if you want login info.

Posted · Report post

vrcqbpro. Cant guarantee this will help but seemed to work for me. Make sure all your pages are assigned to a template (rather than the Template: None). Once i did that, it allowed the fallback to work and for the parse error or changes or deletion on any particular page. Dont forget those pages like "tag", "Category", "search", etc

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

GetMeWebDesign - it was worth a try, but no go.  I did find as a point of interest however, that assigning the pages to templates on the front end editor did not affect the template assignment on the WP dashboard under Pages.  I did it in both places just in case.

Posted · Report post

ok we are still looking into this for you 

Posted · Report post

I'm experiencing the same issue.  I tried changing my pages to a template name (other than the Default: none) and most changed except for about 5 or 6 pages.  These pages just stay the Default: none no matter if I go to change them on the front-end or the back-end.  

I am getting a PHP error repeatedly.

PHP Warning:  Illegal string offset 'clone' in .../wp-content/themes/dms/dms/editor/editor.handler.php on line 357

My Pagelines debug is on for my website located at http://evscicats.com/erevolution. 

I also posted this error on the forum thread Illegal String Offset since the same error was reported by someone else who had the two dms folder setup.  

Wonder if this is all related.

Posted · Report post

vrcqbpro  I have commented here as it is a similar topic 

Posted · Report post

Hello all.  Unfortunately, I am having the same problem!  After upgrading to DMS 2 everything was fine for a day or so...meaning the CSS was updating and saving without any problems.  Then all of a sudden without any warning or malfunction my custom LESS/CSS input is not accepting new or updated CSS changes.  In addition, when I tried entering CSS code directly into the DMS LESS Fallback screen, the new CSS is saved there...BUT...I can not find the CSS into the custom LESS/CSS...as if the CSS is completely disconnected from the site.

Of course, I have deactivated all the plugins and even reinstalled DMS 2 as a theme.  My DMS is working fine...meaning I am not having any conflicts with saving, moving, editing theme contents or creating new templates.  This an isolated CSS issue.

I am not an amateur or a noob with CSS  but I am as close to being professional without being paid.  So, I have tried everything I can think of to rectify this issue but at the present I am shut down with DMS as I rely on CSS for the majority of my coding.  As a last resort, I may have to downgrade to the early version of DMS just to complete my work. 

Any help from the developers?  Many thanks!

mtsurgery

Posted · Report post

This is logged as an issue on the tracker. As soon as this has been resolved we will update you./ 

Posted · Report post

vrcqbpro. Cant guarantee this will help but seemed to work for me. Make sure all your pages are assigned to a template (rather than the Template: None). Once i did that, it allowed the fallback to work and for the parse error or changes or deletion on any particular page. Dont forget those pages like "tag", "Category", "search", etc

Although vrcqbpro made an excellent point, it did not work. I saved my home page as a "Home" template.  But that did not seem to fix the CSS issue. From the above posts It appears the developers are looking into this problem.  I will wait for future notice.  Many thanks.

MT 

Posted · Report post

We will update you all once this has been resolved. 

Posted · Report post

I may have discovered the CSS problem to provide focus for the developers... 

I have come to realize the front end CSS editor is not allowing updates for the HOME page or the main site page.  However, I am able to make CSS changes using the front-end editor if I use a subpage to make changes rather than using the HOME page. 

For example, if I make site-wide changes to the CSS using the front-end CSS editor on a subpage, then that particular subpage and any subsequent subpage will accept the updates.  On the contrary, the HOME page will not accept the same updates...as if the HOME page is completely disconnected from the CSS entirely???

I'm not a back-end programmer, but I would begin looking at the code that updates and refreshes the CSS on the HOME / index page, as it seems to work on all other pages just fine.

So, as a work-around for everyone else out there you can still develop your site and perform CSS updates on subpages other than your HOME page.

Thanks,

MT

Posted · Report post

today's update (2.0.1) don't correct the css problem. 

Posted · Report post

I agree.  Unfortunately DMS 2.0.1 did not fix the CSS issue.  My front page (HOME) page still remains disconnected from live CSS refreshes.  The rest of my site including all subpages and secondary templates work just fine.  As I mentioned previously, the problem is not global but only exists within the back-end coding of the HOME page or index.  Let us know when this has been rectified.  Thanks,

MT