Photo
- - - - -

Features & Boxes demo entries Cannot Be Deleted

features boxes delete replicating

Best Answer greenfly , 31 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

We would not diagnose any problems if any caching was enabled. 

This is where you issue will stem from. Badly configured Cache plugins cause problems and should only be implemented on completed sites and especially not sites in 'dev mode'. Changes made are made to cached versions of pages. 

once installed a caching plugin is difficult to remove unless the developers steps are followed 100%. You may think you have removed it but the cache files and settings still appear in your install and/or HTaccess. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tamrahjo

tamrahjo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationColorado USA
  • Framework Version:Lite (free theme)

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

Previous Thread

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

advised that issue is caused by other plug-ings.  I do not believe this to be true -

My Info:

Wordpress Version: 3.8.1

Pagelines Framework Version: 2.4.4

Plug-ins (Which are all deactivated at moment and still cannot delete the Features or Boxes without them coming back)

Types Toolset - Types-Complete Solution for Custom Fields and Types, WP Views, Access, Module Manager

Installer

Fast Secure Contact Form

Wordfence

WP-Optimize

WP Super Cache

EWWW Image Optimizer

Media Library Assistant

Display Widgets

Category Order and Taxonomy Terms Order

I have deactivated ALL plugins and am still unable to delete the stock installed features/boxes and associated sets without them showing back up and DO NOT like that this means I can't use the built-in search function (which is how I found out the previously deleted items were still showing up, as they came up on a search list when I was testing different search terms)

If anyone can please advise on where to go from here.

Thank you,

Tamrah Jo

#2 tamrahjo

tamrahjo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationColorado USA

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Forgot to mention - I have the Super Cache installed, but deactivated it immediately after WordPress installation - site still in Dev. mode

#3 tamrahjo

tamrahjo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationColorado USA

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

I deactivated/deleted the Media Library Assistant plug-in because that was the only recent plug-in installation since feature/box items started showing up again in search results - no go.

Then, I logged into my phpAdmin and searched by post-type for boxes, and then features, and deleted those posts and terms

The items still show up if I click in on the Admin Menu link for each, but, none of them show up when I do a search using the stock search site tool.

This will not be a satisfactory solution for those who like to know exactly what is going on, but, it seems to have fixed the issue for me.

Thanks

Tamrah Jo

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:18 PM   Best Answer

We would not diagnose any problems if any caching was enabled. 

This is where you issue will stem from. Badly configured Cache plugins cause problems and should only be implemented on completed sites and especially not sites in 'dev mode'. Changes made are made to cached versions of pages. 

once installed a caching plugin is difficult to remove unless the developers steps are followed 100%. You may think you have removed it but the cache files and settings still appear in your install and/or HTaccess. 

#5 tamrahjo

tamrahjo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationColorado USA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Thanks Martin -

I host with Hostgator and their 'Quick Install" automatically installs the caching plug-in.  I'm off to another job today, but thank you very much for the link and the information - If the caching plug-in (even deactivated) is the issue, I still do not understand why only the features and boxes are behaving this way, while posts, banners, pages, etc., do not.

Thanks

Tamrah Jo

#6 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

The symptoms could spread to other sections depending on their setup. 

#7 tamrahjo

tamrahjo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationColorado USA

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

The symptoms could spread to other sections depending on their setup. 

Hi Martin -

Thanks for your insights - I followed the step-by-step directions for removing WP Super Cache, and except for one heart-stopping moment when I 'refreshed' the plug-ins page and got several error warnings for functions.php file, it seems to have worked.   I visited my site front-end - clickey-clickeyed and then returned to the plug-ins page and no warnings appeared - -

I may be imposing upon you, but nowhere in the directions for the plug-in did it say I needed to make any changes to the functions.php file AND none of those warnings are showing up now - but given your previous responses, I wanted to double-check - do you think I need to research further into those one-time showing error messages?  Or consider it handled now they are no longer showing up? 

I appreciate your time and assistance and if question is outside the purview of the assistance you offer, please do not hesitate to say so.

For anyone viewing and in need of the step-by-step uninstall/manual uninstall directions, they are here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks again!

Tamrah Jo

#8 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Any issues relating to a third party plugin should be reported to the plugin Developer. Can't really comment on warnings relating to use of their plugin im afraid. 

#9 tamrahjo

tamrahjo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationColorado USA

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

Any issues relating to a third party plugin should be reported to the plugin Developer. Can't really comment on warnings relating to use of their plugin im afraid. 

Okay - thanks again for pointing me in the right direction with this issue!  Much appreciated and hope you have a good week.

Tamrah Jo

#10 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

You too :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: features, boxes, delete, replicating