Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 JS/Ajax Problem

Question

Posted · Report post

I submitted a previous post and the overall standing was that I must be having a JS/AJAX problem because nothing would change when you attempted to save the settings. I am still having this problem, and would like help with a solution.

already went into the JS Console and it stated there was a AJAX Error but disappeared before I could read the Error

I am using chrome so any solutions on how to fix the ajax problem would be great.

thanks.

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Can we have a link to your previous topic please? 

Posted · Report post

Here is the link:

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33629-help-dms2-problems/

also to note: I have used two different computers, both with the most current version of chrome installed and yet 

neither one will allow saving so it can't be on my computer side.

The Server is Windows 2008 w/ all current updates installed

Running: IIS

PHP Version: 5.3

MySQL Server 5.1

but if this is a JS/Ajax issue the webserver or PHP or MySQL should not be the source of the problem. Also DMS 1.1.8 is running on another site and JS/Ajax works fine there.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Is there are a reason as to why you're running a Windows server ? That may be the cause of your issue, have you tried to so the same on a linux server ?

Posted · Report post

First of all the issue should not be a Server issue, whether its Windows or Linux, the issue here is a JS/AJAX which if I am correct (I could be wrong) is processed and interpreted by the Browser, and not by the server.

The other issue at hand is if JS/AJAX opperates with other programs/plugins in wordpress it would appear to me that the issues "might" lie within the program itself (i don't know, i am not a programmer).

in my previous article you asked the following question:

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33629-help-dms2-problems/

What is that themepunch error, that is not related to DMS?

and so I went and did a search for the file and it was located in

the jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js is located in the "themes\dms\sections\revslider\rs-plugin\"

I use Windows Server because there are other programs (that are not connected with iis) that are running on the Server.

I am not trying to be a problem person, just trying to find a solution to my problem. Thanks

Anthony

Posted · Report post

So, I am guessing by the lack of response to my request is that

#1 because I am using a Windows server EVEN THOUGH WORDPRESS WORKS AND UTILIZES JS/AJAX on Windows Server you are not going to provide technical support even though it is your theme that is the problem here. You cannot have JS/AJAX work in one program i.e. Wordpress, and then turn around and tell me that because i am not using Linux that is the reason that your THEME a.k.a DMS2 doesn't work.

#2 If DMS 1.1.8 works just fine in a Windows 2008 Server \ Wordpress \ PHP \ MySQL install, and then all of the sudden stops working in DMS 2.0  this cannot be a Server or even a Wordpress related programming issue, but rather some unknown bug in DMS2

The fact that DMS2 might have a bug is not an end all, bugs happen, but the issue here is are you willing to find where the bug is and try and find a solution.

I Like DMS I do not want to have to abandon it, and I shouldn't have to. If Wordpress can work on both a Linux and a Windows enviroment, then your program ought to be able to work also.

Posted · Report post

FYI for anyone following this thread, an update has been released which to fix the LESS/editor saving issues people were reporting on other threads. Please update to 2.02 to see if this resolves the issues you're experiencing.