Question

Posted · Report post

I have performed a clean install of DMS2 on a Multisite WordPress install and I am having some major

problems with DMS2

To start off I was having problems so I went ahead and disabled all PLUGINS except those that are

exclusively require by DMS2 I.e. the "pagelines updater" and "DMS Pro Tools". Currently these are the

only plugins that are active so if its a plugin issue then the its a DMS plugin.

I am also using a child theme, (nicks base theme), but I switched it to the main DMS and all the problems are there so the child theme is not the problem.

Problems

#1 Navi - Navboard logo: attempt to change logo and (tried both upload and library) it show image after selection, but then

when you refresh the image disappears and the Navboard logo image info is blank and it still has the DMS2 logo.

this seems to be a universal DMS2 problem, no matter what I change the moment you refresh all of the changes that you make disappear whether this is NAVI, IBOX, REVSLIDER, or just trying to change the background color of an area or section, no changes seem to take effect once you have saved them.

#2 IBOX - attempted to edit the ibox's and was only able to edit the first one, and then every time I changed the others and refreshed they went back to the default settings.

One other issue is regarding the DMS image uploader, it is only allowing upload files sizes 0.5 or smaller even though it states a 2MB limit.

The point is I can add sections just fine, but am unable to customize any of the sections, the program will not save any changes.

SUGGESTION:

I would like to make a strong suggestion, that in the future, that you would establish a "BETA TEST" period for future MAJOR updates to the DMS system so that individuals like us can test it out and provide possible real world feedback and problems that might arise seeing that this program is going to be utilized on multiple systems.

Anthony

This post is closed see most current topic regarding DMS Editor not saving and Javascript / AJAX Errors see: - Anthony

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33634-jsajax-problem/

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

the jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js is located in the themes\dms\sections\revslider\rs-plugin\

(Remember This is a Clean Install)

This post is closed see most current topic regarding DMS Editor not saving and Javascript / AJAX Errors see:

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33634-jsajax-problem/

Posted · Report post

All products are beta tested before release. these issues are more likely related to your site setup and we can work through these for you. 

Only one issue per topic please. 

Could you post three topics with the 3 issues and we will be able to resolve these. Please include links to your sites etc. thanks 

Posted · Report post

I would like to make a strong suggestion, that in the future, that you would establish a "BETA TEST" period for future MAJOR updates to the DMS system so that individuals like us can test it out and provide possible real world feedback and problems that might arise seeing that this program is going to be utilized on multiple systems.

Of course we have a test team, they have been using DMS2 for months, but even they are only human.

We fix bugs as we find them and the file upload size in revslider is also fixed.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

There really is only one major issue throughout all of the three problems and that is I am unable to save any settings, nothing will save.

it really doesn't matter if its a section, or the header, body, or footer, nothing saves.

second I really wasn't attempting to knock the test team I was just suggesting that you open up the beta test to us. It was only a suggestion.

Posted · Report post

Yes we tried an open beta before, people trip over themselves to get access, then demand they get the finished product for free forever and never actually post ANY feedback ;)

We have a small dedicated team who try new versions out on live sites.

Not being able to save anything sounds like a js/ajax problem. Check the browser console see if there is any output

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Here is the Javascript Console info:

hey jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=080b10:10

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://crbs.ic2bm.com/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff?v=4.0.3

Posted · Report post

Sorry this is the info after attempting to update a section "Callout"

hey jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=080b10:10

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://crbs.ic2bm.com/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff?v=4.0.3
--> Sending Ajax --> pl.helpers.js?ver=080b10:14
{"post":{"action":"pl_editor_actions","mode":"fast_save","run":"form","pageID":"24","typeID":"70000006","log":"true","confirm":"false","confirmText":"Are you sure?","savingText":"Saving.","refresh":"false","refreshText":"Successfully saved! Refreshing page...","refreshArgs":"false","toolboxOpen":"true","beforeSend":"","postSuccess":"","load":"false","store":{"upvmc0q":{"icallout_format":"","pl_standard_title":"","pl_area_class":"","pl_standard_styles":"","pl_hide_on_page":"","icallout_text":"This is Cafe Runner","icallout_text_wrap":"h2","icallout_link":"","icallout_target":"0","icallout_link_text":"","icallout_btn_theme":""}},"templateMode":"local","scope":"template","key":"homepage-slider","uid":"upvmc0q"},"dataAmount":827,"result":false,"scope":"template","state":{"global":"global"}} pl.helpers.js?ver=080b10:14
Object {post: Object, dataAmount: 827, result: false, scope: "template", state: Object}
pl.helpers.js?ver=080b10:14
--> Sending Ajax --> pl.helpers.js?ver=080b10:14
{"post":{"action":"pl_editor_actions","mode":"fast_save","run":"form","pageID":"24","typeID":"70000006","log":"true","confirm":"false","confirmText":"Are you sure?","savingText":"Saving.","refresh":"false","refreshText":"Successfully saved! Refreshing page...","refreshArgs":"false","toolboxOpen":"true","beforeSend":"","postSuccess":"","load":"false","store":{"upvmc0q":{"icallout_format":"","pl_standard_title":"","pl_area_class":"","pl_standard_styles":"","pl_hide_on_page":"","icallout_text":"This is Cafe Runner","icallout_text_wrap":"h2","icallout_link":"","icallout_target":"0","icallout_link_text":"","icallout_btn_theme":""}},"templateMode":"local","scope":"template","key":"homepage-slider","uid":"upvmc0q"},"dataAmount":827,"result":false,"scope":"template","state":{"global":"global"}} pl.helpers.js?ver=080b10:14
Object {post: Object, dataAmount: 827, result: false, scope: "template", state: Object}

Posted · Report post

When I hit the Refresh button it did state that there was some Ajax Error but it disappeared before I could copy it.

Posted · Report post

What is that themepunch error, that is not related to DMS?