Photo
- - - - -

Rev Slider Extra Captions and DMS2 Buttons

Best Answer jmad , 21 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

I know it's months later but I see this was resolved as I am working with slider now.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 884 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

I'm using the code below in the extra captions area, all other fields are clear.  It all works except for the button.  The button shows but isn't large. I change it to default and the button is larger than the large.  I've cleared all custom css but nothing changes.  Please advise.

<div class="caption rv-lg-white"  data-x="center" data-y="200" data-speed="700" data-start="1700" data-easing="easeOutBack">WEB DESIGN</div><div class="caption rev-md-blkonwhite"  data-x="center" data-y="300" data-speed="500" data-start="1900" data-easing="easeOutBack">creative | reliable | practical</div><div class="caption btn btn-large btn-ol-white"  data-x="center" data-y="400" data-speed="500" data-start="1900" data-easing="easeOutBack">Button</div>

#2 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 884 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

Never mind, I got it sorted.  

Using this worked for HTML 

<div class="caption rv-lg-white"  data-x="center" data-y="100" data-speed="700" data-start="1700" data-easing="easeOutBack">WEB DESIGN</div><div class="caption rev-md-blkonwhite"  data-x="center" data-y="200" data-speed="500" data-start="1900" data-easing="easeOutBack">creative | reliable | practical</div><div class="caption lfr" data-x="center" data-y="300" data-speed="500" data-start="1900" data-easing="easeOutBack"><button class="btn btn-large btn-slider btn-ol-white">Button</button></div>

Using this worked for Shortcode just by substituting the html for the button wiht the short code

<div class="caption lfr"  data-x="510" data-y="310" data-speed="300" data-start="2000">[pl_button type="ol-white" link="" target="blank"]Button[/pl_button]</div>

STILL HAVE THIS QUESTION

I tried adding slider-btn to the class so it looked like this and was hoping the button would then scale in the slider without me writing the code. However it didn't work.  Did I do this wrong or will that class not work with the slider extra captions?  Also sometimes the button class is showing as button.btn sometimes a.btn somethimes just .btn.  What is the distinction between these?  

<a href="/what-we-do/"><button class="btn btn-large slider-btn btn-ol-white">Learn More</button></a><a href="reach-us/"><button class="btn btn-large slider-btn btn-ol-white btn-left"  link="/reach-us/">Get Started</button></a></div>

#3 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

Great to hear you got that sorted. 

Each class is a way of assigning style to the button so each class has different style attached is that makes sense. 

#4 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 884 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

I tried adding slider-btn to the class so it looked like this and was hoping the button would then scale in the slider without me writing the code. However it didn't work.  Did I do this wrong or will that class not work with the slider extra captions?

This method didn't make the buttons responsive.  Should it have?

#5 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 884 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:14 AM   Best Answer

I know it's months later but I see this was resolved as I am working with slider now.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16555 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

Is this now resolved, as your statement above doesn't make sense ?

#7 jmad

jmad

Advocate

• Members

• 884 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:14 AM

yes

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!