Photo
- - - - -

Quickslider lost navigation mode choice?

quickslider navigation navigation mode

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 181 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

Dear Pageliners, I am already enjoying DMS2 a great deal! Today I discovered that the Quicksliders on my page have changed their navigation mode. In the Editor, there seems to be no dropdown choices for this, as there were in DMS1. I'm sure that either I have not found it or that it's an oversight. It would be great to have that previous functionality back! Thank you for your help, as ever, yours faithfully, Jan.

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

Hi @caspersjan

These options are no longer available as you have noticed - i have fed this back to the dev team. 

for the moment there is no way to add these back in. this may be introduced in a further update. 

#3 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 181 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Thank you Martin. I'm sure there will be a few loose ends to tie up yet, it's inevitable. In the meantime I'll find some stopgap solution, there have always been plenty of sliders out there. But I'll be glad to return to the comfort of the built-in Quickslider! Yours faithfully, Jan.

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

No problem - the quickslider is kept simple and light of options in order to be 'quick' if you see what i mean 

#5 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 181 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

That's why I like it - but at the moment is just a bit too light, with only the one very specific option. The old one had No Navigation, Arrow Navigation Only, Slide Control Only and Slide Control plus Arrow Navigation. No doubt it'll be back soon in all its simple glory!

#6 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

I will keep you updated of any developments 

#7 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 181 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Thanks. There is silver linings: It has already been an opportunity for me to learn something, hiding those arrows in the top left corner with CSS. For someone spoilt by Pagelines ready meals this simple customisation is an achievement! Greetings, Jan.

.flex-gallery ul.flex-direction-nav a.flex-next{
display: none;
padding-left: 2px;
}

.flex-gallery ul.flex-direction-nav a.flex-prev{
display: none;
padding-left: 2px;

}

#8 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

yeah good work - you can simplify this further - i've just done this for someone else - let me update with the code .

#9 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

.flex-gallery ul.flex-direction-nav {
  display:none;
}

#10 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 181 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

That works, and what's more, I understand why! Thank you. Jan.

#11 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Jan - got a further update for you. 

Should have realised but if you want the old quickslider back you can just copy the section for quickslider out of /themes/sections and add it to the same folder in your child theme. That way you can have the old slider and the old options back. 

#12 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 181 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

Happy days! This I shall do.

#13 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

Sorry i didn't think of this sooner. 

/redface

#14 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 181 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

Hello, is there any chance of navigation options being added to the Quickslider again? I'm sure it was an oversight to leave them out. And it can't be much work to put them back again, but I could not see a reinstatement in recent updates. Please be so kind as to alert the coders who write these updates to give this handy section its old functionality back! Thank you and good luck, yours faithfully, Jan.

#15 caspersjan

caspersjan

• Members

• 181 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

Hello Pageliners, I was struggling with the Pagelines Carousel shortcode right now. Only to achieve functionality that used to be in Quickslider. Please, if it is at all possible do enable navigation options again. At the moment it's stripped to a choice of transition type and a tickbox for automatic animation - which is turned on by default and can't be turned off, or so it seems. I'm sure it's an oversight and not a deliberate change from the old Quickslider which was very good - simple, quick yet powerful... Martin suggested to use the old code. Maybe this could be done for the next upgrade. 

Please let me know if this is the right place to voice this query - will it reach the right ears? Yours gratefully, Jan.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quickslider, navigation, navigation mode