Photo

Lost Home Page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 jimanderson

jimanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

I just bought PlatformPro and installed it. I was using a different theme. Now I seem to have lost the "Home" page. I am new to WP so maybe this is just a silly question, but is the Home page an actual page or some sort of default page that is not listed in the pages list of pages? It seems that Platform has made it into an error page and so I deleted it. Really I am confused as to what to do. Maybe this is a WP question that has nothing to do with Platform.

#2 hobbs113gmailcom

hobbs113gmailcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hi Jim, What WordPress theme were you using before Platform Pro? To specifically configure your Home page in wp, go to the wordpress control panel and then in the left column choose: Reading and on the right you will see options for choosing your home page, by default it should be your most recent posts but if you want to make it a static page, you can choose the page there as well. So if you want to recreate your previous home page, you may want to start by creating a new page, give it a name and publish it and then go to the Reading settings and choose it there. Then you have a ton of options with Platform Pro.

#3 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:00 PM

Yeah, you didn't delete it... Just set it up under 'settings' > 'reading' its a WP thing...

#4 jimanderson

jimanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:33 PM

Thanks ... I understand this more.... When I delete all my pages then I am left with a page called "Blog." I know this because I installed the breadcrumbs plugin and it is showing me the path. Before deleting the pages it was BLOG> HOME Is there a way to change the name of this from "Blog" to "Home?" it seems like it is a default/base page yet I can't see where to change the name. I would like to use the breadcrumbs because I find it easy to have this on websites. It is also helping me to figure out what is happening with these page structures. thanks

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Not sure, the Breadcrumb issue might be related to the plugin... If so, I'd check with the plugin provider