Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with the Mediabox being responsive. The Image I have in it, is not resizing for the iphone, instead an empty white box shows up. My website is www.cinemaduo.com and its our logo on the front that is in the media box. Also, I have upgraded to DMS2, and had the problem before and after, thanks for the help

I'm a bit untrained in CSS etc., but I catch on pretty fast. Thanks for the help.

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Martin,

That seemed to do the trick. I resized the image to a much more seemly 664x300 px. And it re-sizes very nicely on  smartphone. Thanks for taking some time to help, It is much appreciated.

Posted · Report post

hi ipadanielle

Have you used align left or align right with the image?

With regards CSS -There are a growing number of online courses teaching web programming in the comfort of your browser. We highly recommend signing up and take advantage of these services which offer training, video lessons, coding challenges, and screencasts.

Posted · Report post

I used align center with the image

Posted · Report post

Try removing the align and see if the image is now responsive and let us know how you get on, 

Posted · Report post

I removed the center align. The only change is now the small white box shows up on the left side of the iphone screen  :huh:

Posted · Report post

The dimensions of the logo image are 3650 × 1650

This might be a little excessive for a logo - try reducing the size of the image and see if this works better for you. 

My screen is pretty big and the max resolution is 2560 x 1440 - iphone and other devices might struggle with an image this large by dimension. 

Posted · Report post

ipadanielle, I thought id just jump in on this even though the issue has been resolved and inform you that your original image size was very excessive. That kind of size is even large for a background image, in the future I would recommend you reduce your image sizes to at least match the size of the area they're going to he housed in.

Also by using overly large images, you will impact on your sites performance, unless you use a CDN.

Posted · Report post

Danny,

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it

Posted · Report post

No problem.