#1 bjs198

bjs198

Advanced Member

• Members

• 78 posts
  • LocationTianjin, PRC
  • Framework Version:DMS 2.x

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

Hey there, just a few suggestions I'd love to see materialise at some point...

1. The ability to 'save' a finished section, column or content element (including content) to be used on another page. It's cool using templates but really this would be better for speedy prototyping.

2. The option to remove the boarder around a quick slider ala Flatten child theme. Would make sites look less cookie cutter.

3. Media boxes that offer hover-over image transitions and also hyperlink.

4. Option to easily change the font styles in any given textual element without using CSS.

5. Option to remove the black opaque backing used on the rev slider text, or at least change it to something more design conscious, like a full width black or white bar.

6. Ability to add section break 'hang-overs', where a design element literally hangs-over the section below, like a book mark or something. The element would be a section just like anything else.

7. Ability to add section header/footer styling, like a ribbon or frame or even text outlines to define the section a little better.

8. A full width section that spins when button clicked to show the content/post loop of another page/custom post. Click to go back.

Cheers :)

Barney

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

Hi there

Which PageLines product are you using? 

1) You can do this in DMS 2 - click the save section button. 

2) DMS 2 quicksider doesn't have a border and you can remove any borders with CSS in Framework or DMS 1.x

3) You can add all these to Media boxes using CSS

4) CSS is the industry standard for font size and weight styling. Rather than have an option heavy theme that is clunky, bulky and slow to load this is all handled via CSS.

5) you can remove this with CSS

6) not sure what you mean by this. Could you provide a mockup?

7) you can add all this with CSS. 

8) there is a product ont he store that does just this - and very well too. http://www.pagelines.../sections/flyp/

#3 bjs198

bjs198

Advanced Member

• Members

• 78 posts
  • LocationTianjin, PRC
  • Framework Version:DMS 2.x

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Martin! I'm using DMS 1.1.8 - has 2.0 been released yet?

So is it fair to say that DMS x.x will continue along the CSS editing route and won't offer easier (I say easier as I don't really understand CSS) ways for non-programmers to make these changes? Offering a Drag & Drop system is great for designers like myself who want more control over page element location and design, and the transitions are great, but then asking us to learn CSS in order to go any further is a bit of a turn off as it just impedes our design flows.

Just my 2 cents worth ;)

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

I don't think you have to really learn any CSS - just pick up a few methods.. you will have learnt it before you know it.. You just cannot have all the styling options you want in a product like DMS - where would you stop? The absolute required options are necessary and included - anything other than this leads to slow software not fit for purpose. 

DMS 2 is out there and covers many of the things you want to do. 

Here are the steps to upgrading. http://forum.pagelin...c/33474-dms-20/