Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Former Platform Pro user brand new to DMS & struggling!

Question

Posted · Report post

Good evening all,

This is all brand new to me and really struggling getting my head around everything. First of all the RevSlider options look very limited compared to Platform Pro. Is this because I am on personal and not developer? Formerly I could choose text colour and text overlay type, overlay and background images, and much more. Also, how do I embed video in the slider now? 

Second, my header is not viewing correctly on iPhone (Safari and Chrome). Also the social share part of the watermark section is not displaying correctly on mobile browser. 

The site I am working on is currently live in sandbox domain http://iceballpress.co.uk 

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Best Regards,

James

1 answer to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi James

Inside DMS V2 there's options within each slide for choosing the text/button color, adding your background image to the slide etc. The rev slider is based on the well know third party revolution slider which has been customized to fit inside DMS as a pre styled section.

To add your video embed code inside the slider you can add your html code into the 'slide extra captions' panel inside each slide you create - http://screencast.com/t/QohbflrI

The options for the slider are the same between the different versions/club plans, the options were selected in that way so users can create their sites quickly and easily without having to set too many options which could clutter and confuse the editor panel. Additional css code can be used to adjust styling further if a desired result is required outside of whats available in the section options.