2 replies to this topic

#1 glennyboy

glennyboy

Advocate

• Members

• 270 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

Hi

The editor controls on DMS are not sufficiently responsive to the demands of a modern design with elements like:-

• A section/element of zero height 0px
  • A display:none section/element
  • A section/element with a high z-index (above the controls)
  • A section/element with absolute or fixed positioning

This manifests in some sections being completely un-editable in under DMS unless the properties above are replaced with an opposite value e.g. relative with 20px height. The editor controls jump in and out and its still impossible to select move, delete, edit buttons etc. For ease what I am doing currently is changing the z-index, giving the sections a min-height in DMS editor and switching the edit to right so it stops the element going in and out with:-

// DMS Fix.pl-editor {
section {
min-height: 125px;
}
}
.drag-drop-editing .pl-area .pl-area-controls {
z-index: 50000;
left: auto;
right: 0px;
}

This is a hack and doesn't give a true 'Design' view and needs to be urgently addressed.

One possible way could be for a static/fixed bar fall-back with duplicates of all editable areas in a single place with a very high z-index. This would allow the elements to always be editable. Alternatively what about alternating controls left and right to prevent controls overlap.

Regards

Glennyboy

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16897 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

HI,

Not entirely sure what you're referring to, can you provide screenshots of what you're giving feedback on please.

#3 glennyboy

glennyboy

Advocate

• Members

• 270 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

Hi Danny

I can't really provide screenshots that show I'm unable to click on editor fields or to show that the fields pop in and out making clicking impossible.

For me I also found that the following amended css also stopped an overlap of the .pl-sortable-area that was also interfering with clicking:-

.drag-drop-editing .pl-sortable-area {
height: 35px;
}

The min-height allows the height to spread over sections so I made it fixed.

To replicate the issue I suggest you simply create a series of sections. Hidden, zero height,  fixed and absolute with high z-index and you'll easily be able to replicate this.

Regards

Glennyboy