DMS 2.0 Questions and maybe one glitch

Question

Posted · Report post

Installed on a test site this morning and it looks great.  Have a couple of questions.

Do we still need DMS Pro Tools Plugin with DMS 2.0?

Where do we find documentation for the new shortcodes like buttons?  I inspected and found some of them but am wondering what sizes are available.

Is there a new Base Child Theme for DMS 2.0 or will the previous one still work?

Possible glitch on PopShot, I dropped it onto a page and the edit option selector doesn't show until I mouse over to the left edge.  Once the options show, I don't have a delete option.

14 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Im currently working on them, but I have nothing as of yet. As you aware, I am rather far behind with the docs, I apologise, they will be updated soon. In the meantime, 

<button class="btn btn-large btn-ol-link">Button</button> <!-- Large -->
<button class="btn btn-default btn-ol-link">Button</button> <!-- Default -->
<button class="btn btn-mini btn-ol-link">Button</button> <!-- Mini -->

All it does, is inherits the color you have selected from DMS Toolbar > Settings > Color & BG > Link Base Color

Posted · Report post

HI,

DMS Pro Tools still works and will work with DMS 2.0

You can use my free basic child theme, it should work without any issue with DMS 2.0 - https://github.com/Dannyholt/Skeleton

Are you referring to these buttons ? - http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/videos-social-media/

The PopShot is a bug, I have already reported it.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the Child Theme base

On the buttons...yes but there are some other options as well like ol-white.  Are there new size options?  mini and large work but are there others, xl or jumbo, medium?  I can always create a size but just wondered.

On PopShot.  Thanks.

DMS 2.0 looks great and the parallax issue is resolved!  

Posted · Report post

Yeah those aren't documented at the moment, I have them noted (my to-do-list is insane :D)

However, you can use the following code:

https://gist.github.com/Dannyholt/9763001

http://cl.ly/image/3N2Q1g3S3k3I

Posted · Report post

Danny

The Parallaxed Background Image option doesn't seem to scroll/parallax very much and maybe not working correctly.  Is there an optimal photo size that would improve the amount of motion?  Also selecting this option seems to left align the photo on mobile devices and I'm still getting some duplicating area on ipad mini the image is repeated below.  Should the parallax options be working on mobile?  Is there a way to turn them on and off? 

The Translate Content on Scroll option works great.  Is there a way to keep this feature active on mobile devices?

You can see what I'm talking about here.  http://madskydesign.com/aboutpage/

Posted · Report post

jmad - We only accept one question per topic. However, seeing as how your topic at first was about more information rather than a support question, I answered it. However, now you're suggesting a possible bug or require support. Therefore, can you please create a new topic regarding your issue please.

Posted · Report post

Sure.  Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Danny

Is it better to use the shortcodes or html versions...for longevity purposes and documentation?  Also, could you direct me to the HTML versions of accordions and such?

Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Myself personally would always use the HTML version especially for buttons, as I feel you have more control. However, for ease of use, the shortcodes are fine for most people.  In regards to the HTML version of Accordions, we do not document that, but you can view the accordion HTML code on the Bootstrap 2.x docs, which should work.

Posted · Report post

@Danny 

I noticed one of the changes in DMS2.0.4 is adding an ol-link class...nice idea.  My question is where can we find current/updated documentation for this kind of information.  The information you provided above about the HTML for the buttons is very useful.   Information about other shortcodes or html would be great.  Where is the most current documentation?  

Posted · Report post

Danny

No worries.  Just wanted to make sure I was using the most current information.

Posted · Report post

No problem. Also, can you please stop using the @mention, as it spams my inbox and I literally receive too much email I can handle as it is :D

Just reply, no need to use the @mention unless its urgent.

Posted · Report post

Yep.

Posted · Report post

Awesome, thanks.