How to change Nav Bar page color

Question

Posted · Report post

I've selected a red Navbar. Now how can I change the shade of my red navbar to a darker shade of red?

See americansendingabuse.org

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The Navbar comes pre-built with a number of color options. However, if you want to add your own color scheme, you can either use custom CSS like Batman did above or make a child section of the Navbar and add your own PHP code and LESS CSS.

However, you can use LESS CSS to override the Navbar with a mixin, which will basically be a couple lines of code.

For example:

#site .navbar.pl-color-red {

#gradient .vertical(#000,#333);

}

Add that to your custom CSS and then replace the #000 and #333 with your preferred color(s). If you want a gradient, then use two different colors like I have in my example, if you want to have a flat color i.e. the same color (no gradient) then use the same color twice.

For example:

#site .navbar.pl-color-red {

#gradient .vertical(#000,#000);

}

You will likely need to also make changes to hover, active states and possibly drop downs too. Therefore, I recommend you read through our customization documentation here for assistance - http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/how-to-customize

Please be aware that we do not provide custom CSS support especially extensive CSS, small snippets of code are down to our staffs discretion.

Posted · Report post

could you log these as four separate forum topics? 

Posted · Report post

I did. I left first question here for your answer.

Posted · Report post

Hi redstate

I use this code in my test forum for change all colors to green, you can change this as you like

/*--COLOR NAVBAR--*/
.navbar.pl-color-base .navline > li:hover > a, .navbar.pl-color-base .navline > li.current-menu-item > a, .navbar.pl-color-base .navline > li.dropdown.open > a {
color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
box-shadow: 0px -4px 0px rgb(33, 172, 80) inset;}

.dropdown-menu li > a:hover, .dropdown-menu li > a:focus, .dropdown-submenu:hover > a, .dropdown-menu li.current-menu-item > a {
text-decoration: none;
text-shadow: 0px -1px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
background-color: rgb(33, 172, 80);
background-image: linear-gradient(bottom, rgb(39,207,95) 9%, rgb(34,172,80) 50%);
background-image: -o-linear-gradient(bottom, rgb(39,207,95) 9%, rgb(34,172,80) 50%);
background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(bottom, rgb(39,207,95) 9%, rgb(34,172,80) 50%);
background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(bottom, rgb(39,207,95) 9%, rgb(34,172,80) 50%);
background-image: -ms-linear-gradient(bottom, rgb(39,207,95) 9%, rgb(34,172,80) 50%);
background-repeat: repeat-x;}

It is advisable to learn how to do this on your own too.  

http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/how-to-customize

My exemplary code is not necessarily applicable as written, to your site, so please adjust accordingly.

Posted · Report post

Is there not a simpler way? That's a lot of code for a simple little change.

Posted · Report post

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain all of this plus show me the code. I never expected that darkening a color would require so much work! I guess for now I will just leave the navbar the same color red since I'm really not a developer and just wanted to publish a nice site asap.

Posted · Report post

Once you have done this you will be able to do it again in future and apply this learned skill to other tasks you may want to achieve. 

1 person likes this