Detect Current Post: Flipper, Post Featured Image

Question

Posted · Report post

Both of the things I'm trying to do involve being able to detect the current post.

1. I'm attempting to use the flipper as a related posts area. All features work great (I love the meta fields functions), but I need it to not include the current post. I found a similar issue on the forum (http://forum.pagelin...p-current-post/) but the answers were not helpful.

2. When the current post shows the featured image, it links to itself. This is confusing and unnecessary in terms of user experience. The post loop clearly recognizes that the title should no longer be linked if it's a single post -- can the image do the same?

I'd prefer to make these changes through Pagelines Customize PHP -- I want to avoid making edits that will conflict with future updates.

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, the flipper unit is coded to include the current post. Unfortunately its outside of our support spectrum to assist with editing the section directly, we can only point you in the correct direction to the resources for you to research and make changes independently etc using a filter or coding solution.

Regarding the image, I think this has already been addressed in the next release which is due shortly and should fix the issue.

Posted · Report post

That's great news about the post image. Thanks for your reply.

As this is a forum -- has anyone out there used the flipper successfully in the way I described?

Posted · Report post

thanks for letting us know :)