Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Template not applying correctly

Question

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don't know if I'm not doing something incorrectly or if things aren't working properly. I've seen a few posts about the template display in the WP admin bar but I don't care so much about that. This issue I'm having is that I update a page and save it to the template (either the default or to a new one that I've created) but the changes are not showing up on other pages that have the same template applied to them. I have to go to each page and click on the "load template" button again to get the changes to propagate.

It's very frustrating. Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly?

Steps I'm taking:

1. edit a page template section - in this case http://simplify.bi/blog

2. on the template tab of DMS I click on "actions" -> "update template with current configuration" - I've done this both for the default template and new one I created to test things out.

3. Save, refresh, publish, everything I can think of to completely apply what I've done.

4. I then go to other pages that have the default template applied: http://simplify.bi/tag/cats/ for example, but the new configuration is not applied. (note the doubling of my breadcrumbs section on that page).

Any help is appreciated.

*attached a screen comparison between the two pages just in case I mess with things.

[attachment=2049:template_issue.png]

Edited by williamweber

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

That is correct at the moment, it has been reported as an issue - https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/297 and the core team are aware on working on it. A fix for this is coming in the next release.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the information. I thought I was going nuts. Glad to see it's already on the radar. I'll just limp along and try not to forget to apply my template to one of the pages.

Posted · Report post

When are we going to get a fix on template issues. Templates are such a significant part of Wordpress I am totally amazed this stuff is still going on months after being reported by (paying) users?

Posted · Report post

The fix is in the next major release, DMS V2 which is launching next week. Originally this was how the template system was created, however due to the comments and reasons provided from clients on the bug report linked above, the Core team have worked to correct this for the new release.