Photo
- - - - -

Applying formatting to main navigation when child page / sub nav selected

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 max34061

max34061

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:12 PM

Hi Using platform pro to develop

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

When hovering over or selecting a page from the main navigation, the text turns white and an orange background is displayed. This remains visible when the page is clicked: When selecting a page from the sub navigation options, the parent page text stays white out of orange but when you click on the sub nav page, the formatting to the parent page is lost. Is there a way to make the parent page to still have white text in an orange box when viewing a child page. So that when looking a public relations (a sub page of 'what we do' the navigation area looks like this: Thanks in advance, Matt

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:57 AM

`.current_page_ancestor`` is how to identify the parent when on sub-pages. So just add that selector to the styles you added for normal page selected code. If you're not sure what I mean post your CSS for the menu that you've added so far and I'll adapt it. Thanks, Bryan

#3 max34061

max34061

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:42 PM

All sorted!Thanks

#4 j1diek

j1diek

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:01 AM

Bryan, I am using the standard PlatformPro navigation and I want the parent in the main navigation to stay highlighted when a child nav is selected. Can you help me with that? thanks