Photo
- - - - -

Pagelines & Woocommerce Shop-- Template auto reverts with pending Pagelines updates

woocommerce woocommerce shop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lightsyouonfire

lightsyouonfire

• Members

• 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

Hello,

Just to preface, I do in fact have a premium DMS subscription, just having issues with my forum account linking to my pagelines account.  Also, the issue I'm having could be purely user error, I'm definitely the first to admit that I'm no wizard when it comes to CSS or HTML.  

Issue Page:  http://pointeperfect.com/shop

Wordpress Version:  3.8.1 (latest as of 3/20/14)

Pagelines DMS Pro Version:  1.5.2 (latest as of 3/20/14)

Woocommerce Version:  2.1.5 (latest as of 3/20/14)

Basically I'm using Pagelines in conjunction with Woocommerce to allow my customers to search pointe shoes by attribute.  I do not use the transaction tools, product quantities, cart, etc.  I have a simple template set up to display my product feed and the stock woocommerce product filters in a sidebar.  This setup works well when the template remains active.

I have found that every time Pagelines has a new software update, my shop page reverts back to a product listing and a default sidebar used throughout the rest of the site.  I have saved the correct product filter sidebar both on the wordpress backend and through a saved pagelines template.  

I find myself having to check my site multiple times a day to ensure the shop layout hasn't changed itself back.  This morning I found that the template had changed over night, despite neither Pagelines or Woocommerce releasing updates.  Usually it only happens when updates are released, so I'm stumped.  

My whole site concept revolves around the user's ability to browse pointe shoes by attribute instead of the current industry standard, which is "figure it out yourself".  People in the ballet industry are excited about this concept when they learn of it, but hen the filters aren't present as they should be people leave and generally never come back, or send lovely email complaints.  

I'd like to find a way to ensure this issue never happens again.  If it's my stupid mistake, please let me know!  I've messed around with turning various plugins on and off to make sure it's not a compatibility issue with no luck.  I appreciate any insight into this matter.  I'm still learning, and my site is still being tweaked & streamlined to improve speed & function, but this is a pretty crippling issue for me.  

I've attached screenshots of my desired template with product filters, and the layout it reverts to frequently.  

Thanks,

Lindsay 

Attached Files

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

Could you create an admin logon for your Wordpress site with admin privileges and send the credentials to hello at page lines dot com and we will take a look into this for you. Please include a link to the forum topic in your email. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: woocommerce, woocommerce shop