Photo

WhiteHouse Pro posting problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 jasonp

jasonp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

Hi there! First off, I love the theme. However, I just upgraded to the pro and my posts are now not only showing double (for some unknown reason) they also now have messed up width (they are crunched in). The issue immediately disappears when I switch my theme back to the latest WhiteHouse free option. What could be the issue? My hosting provider is godaddy, my active installed plugins (from when I was using WH free) are: Akismet All in One SEO Better Tag Cloud Contact Form 7 Google XML Sitemaps Link to Post Maintenance Mode Post Teaser Show Post Shortcode TinyMCE Advanced Wordpress Database Backup WP Super Cache Could one of them be the problem (also, can anyone confirm that all these are indeed compatible?). If a plugin isn't the problem, how can I fix it? Thanks, Jason

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:41 AM

Sure could you show us a live link? When your developing you should definitely disable 'super cache' and any ajax plugins (they always cause issues) Also there are some options around 'excerpts' in the pro version that don't exist in the free one. Check them out they might be related as well. Anyway try that and if that doesn't work, screenshot or live link. (and make sure you have Firebug for Firefox)

#3 jasonp

jasonp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:41 AM

I tried uninstalling all plugins and I'm afraid the issue remained -- the double-posts disappeared but the formatting issues didn't. Thanks in advance for help. Best, Jason

#4 jasonp

jasonp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:54 AM

Hi Andrew, this was very helpful -- I fully disabled excerpts and the problem appears to have easily resolved itself. Will post again here if more related issues come up, or separately for anything else if I can't already find it in the forum; great work! Jason