Photo
- - - - -

Use a Background Image

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 yourtribute

yourtribute

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

I am using the latest version of Platform Pro. Using custom CSS I have tried to add a background image to my website. If I select "Full-Width" design, then my image appears in the footer section. However, if I change my design to "Fixed-Width" all I see if a grey background (behind the footer too). Can you please send me the CSS or another method to use to add a background image to my website. Thanks

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:51 AM

I recommend this: ` body{background:#fff url(whatever.jpg) no-repeat center} #page{background:transparent} ` Thanks, Bryan

#3 cmlstudios

cmlstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:15 PM

Sorry to jump into a thread here, but I have tried all kinds of combinations of locations and none seem to take effect. I've put the above code into base.css, style.css, and in the custom code box (not all at the same time of course). None of these produces a white background. If I turn off the custom background color under Global Options, then it goes from a brown I had selected back to medium gray. Seems like there is a master stylesheet trumping everything we do here but I can't see anything in Firebug. (I figured it could be a silly plugin stylesheet but don't see one.) Help? Chris (PS: I'm well-versed in CSS, PHP, etc., so it's not a code error on this side -- I don't think! :) )

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:01 PM

Hey Chris, Are you using Firebug and have you seen the QuickTip I did here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'll bet you have a problem with specificity or you're not applying to the right element... the `#page` div is the background you probably want to change.

#5 cmlstudios

cmlstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

First off, thanks for the little Firebug tutorial. I hadn't been using it to its fullest capacity... Turns out it was the wrong element after all: body.fixed-width body, body.fixed_width { background:url("b.....g.jpg") repeat scroll 0 0 #733E18; } Thanks for the help with this frustration. Appreciate the work you're doing in the support forums all day every day. :)

#6 yourtribute

yourtribute

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the input Chris. I tried the following without any luck: body{background:#fff url(whatever.jpg) no-repeat center} #page{background:transparent} I used your code and it worked! body, body.fixed_width { background:url("b.....g.jpg") repeat scroll 0 0 #733E18; } Thanks! Jason

#7 bartspain

bartspain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

I have tried all those and none have worked for me. Bart