Purchasing Branding DMS Section for header

Question

Posted · Report post

If the Branding DMS Section is similar to the Pagelines Header, will there be white space between the header and DMS nav bar after I purchase and install it? I want to display the full header without any space between it and the nav bar but I don't know code. If there is a space, can you provide me with the code so the header is flush above the nav bar?

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I have highlighted in my image the path for the correct forum which is PageLines Forum > Store Products > Chris Johnston. Once there create a new topic and use the prefix drop down menu.

http://cl.ly/image/061J3K083Z3A

Posted · Report post

@redstate 

If you purchase the product and have a problem we will be able to help. Changing any padding is very simple and we can show you how to do this and help with the code. Any problems with the actual product itself or changes you would like to see made can be communicated to the developer via the product support forum. 

sound good?

Posted · Report post

Yes, sounds good. I'll purchase it now. Thanks!

I've downloaded DMS Branding, set up the two columns, the nav bar and social media links for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, RSS and email envelope, but the code portion is confusing for adding social media icons. I've been following the Doc but it's not easy to for me to understand.

Can you please help me from Styling the Social Media icons on down?

I thought this would be much easier to follow, so I hope you can indeed show me easily how to add DMS Branding.

I actually want the header to be above the nav bar and not below it. Can you show me how to do it?

I don't think describing this Branding section as similar to the Framework header is accurate. This is much more difficult. The other header could be completed in a minute.

Posted · Report post

Hi there, if you've purchased the DMS Branding section as mentioned above then this does it all for you, you won't have to following the method on the docs to do it manually.

Just install the branding plugin and activate it, drop the section into the layout from the drag and drop and then edit the section settings.

http://screencast.com/t/P9KPCx4jMpP

Posted · Report post

Great, thanks. I've finally figured out where the instructions are for activating it but I think the instructions should be more visible and maybe included in the email confirming purchase, making them more obvious to non-developers like me. It's taken me 20 minutes to figure out to upload it as a plugin and then it took a while before it activated.

How can I make the social media icons bolder? The color seems faded.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Branding DMS is a third party section, meaning it has not been created or developed by a PageLines developer. Therefore, we are unable to provide any support, all support is provided by the extensions developer, which Martin already mentioned. Therefore, if you have any questions regarding this section, please create a new topic in the Store Forums and when creating your topic, there will be a prefix field, simply select your products name from the drop down list.

http://forum.pagelines.com/forum/68-store-products/

As Martin and James have answered your original question, I have marked this topic as resolved.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, but there isn't any dropdown showing. All I see are SubForums but none are related to the DMS Branding section. What should I look for or at?

Posted · Report post

Ok. Found it. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

No problem.