Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Changing responsive load order

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi. Just starting a site with DMS. I created a Section, inserted Two Columns, and I have a left sidebar inside the left column, and a text box inside the right column. When loading the page on mobile, the site (expectedly) shows the left column first, and then the right column. I don't want this - but would prefer to show the right column first, followed by the left column. Is there a way to make this happen?

http://billiejoclark.com/

Thanks

DMS 1.1.8

Wordpress 3.8.1

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Bill

Unfortunately the way the css works for the responsive layout is that it follows the html format. So anything on the left displays first or above in the responsive layout.

What you could do to get the responsive layout in the order you want is a bit of css trickery.

Insert the left sidebar again in the desktop layout as a full width section directly below the two column layout. So you now have left sidebar, content and another sidebar underneath being pulled in via columnizer or widgetizer etc.

Use @media quieries css to hide the full width sidebar in the desktop layout using display:none. Then on the mobile layout set the left sidebar to display:none and the fullwidth version version to be displayed.

To see an example of @media queries see this thread - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/30582-how-to-override-media-queries-in-dms-pro/

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks James. I'll give it a go.

B

Posted · Report post

You're welcome