• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 vicdesotelle

vicdesotelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

how do i make features slide show images linkable?

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

The steps to add links to feature slides are contained within the support documentation here 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 vicdesotelle

vicdesotelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

cool; thx martin

#4 vicdesotelle

vicdesotelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

hi, i'm using 'post' option for features. the link you gave doesnt describe how to make the feature pics linkable using that option? 

#5 stevelight82

stevelight82

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

Hi guys, I wasn't able to add a new forum post. So I thought'd i'd post here. 

On my site

the top rotating banner has 
disappeared! We are sending the site out to a big potential client today. 
Please can you help? 

We haven't made any major changes to the site, and the settings seem ok. 

I have disabled all plugins, and reactivated one by one, to no avail. The odd thing is that, Martin said that the banner was showing 

but it's certainly no here on any device, or my clients. so odd :) (see my screenshot 

Thanks for your help,
Steve

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

Hi there,

I can see the feature slider and its working. Your second screenshot hasn't come through unfortunately so I can't see the layout you're seeing. I see

Have you tried viewing in another browser? In case there is a browser add on which is conflicting with the slider code.

Just as a side note, your site is using the Platform Pro theme which unfortunately is a legacy theme and isn't supported anymore. We advise considering moving to the latest DMS theme for future projects as this remains relevant with WordPress where Platform you'll find will have issues as WordPress updates in future.

#7 stevelight82

stevelight82

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

This is what I see.  Same in all browsers...
What is the latest DMS? Please send more info. I'm sure you said lifetime support when I paid for it. $97 is a lot for a theme that's not supported after 18 months.

2014-03-21_0856.png

#8 stevelight82

stevelight82

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hello? Any updates please?

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:56 AM

Hi there,

That's strange as I can see it in all browsers. I notice you have super cache installed, try clearing the cache file inside the plugin and deactivating after it's flushed. Then clear the cache and cookies inside the browser before reviewing the page. It definitely seems like a local issue, are you behind any kind of firewall or setup which could block specific files?

Support for Platform was for the life of the product, so until it becomes a legacy etc. DMS is the latest release from PageLines and the next step up from the PageLines Framework. It's a live drag and drop theme which allows you to insert sections directly on the live page a bit like a 'what you see if what you get' style editor.

You can see more on DMS here -

#10 stevelight82

stevelight82

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

helooooo?

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16897 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

@

- Please do not hijack threads with a completely different, unassociated issues or question. Please create your own topic, if you're having difficulty posting a new topic (I can't see why you have that problem), please contact our helpdesk.

hello at pagelines dot com

In regards to your issue, you're using Platform Pro, which has been considered a legacy theme since Dec 2011 and was replaced with PageLines Framework. PageLines Framework has since been replaced with PageLines DMS. We do not provide support for Platform Pro any longer, as its now a legacy theme. I would highly recommend upgrading to a DMS or at least PageLines Framework.

However, in regards to your issue Platform Pro never contained a rotating banner option or section, therefore, you're most likely using a third party extension, which is something we do not provide support form. Also, your Cache is not configured correctly, you have the following message on your website.

<!-- WP Super Cache is installed but broken. The constant WPCACHEHOME must be set in the file wp-config.php and point at the WP Super Cache plugin directory. -->

Therefore, you will need to resolve this error and disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue, if it doesn't. Please create a new topic, as hijacking is not tolerated and when creating your new topic regarding your issue please link to this topic so our staff have something to reference.

@

- First of all, we apologise for all the email notifications you have likely received which had no relation to your issue. Unfortunately, it is not possible to link the Posts image out of the box and would require making changes to the sections core functionality, which is something we do not support. You will either have to contact one of the developers on our page

or use a plugin.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: features