• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ardentconcepts

ardentconcepts

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

I am writing a website using Flywheel as the host and every time I go back to the site the homepage has disappeared. It is easily fixed by clicking the revert to last published button or refreshing the cache. But obviously I cannot publish this site and my client is a little upset. Flywheel says it is something in your code; however, I have about 4 sites up with no issues. Any thoughts on how I can fix this issue? 

http://taxattorneyma...wheelsites.com/

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

Hi @ardentconcepts 

Could you go to Visual Editor > site settings > advanced and then enable debug for us please? 

#3 ardentconcepts

ardentconcepts

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

All set

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

Could you disable all the non-pagelines plugins and see if this issue persists please? 

Everytime i visit the site i see the following page - http://screencast.com/t/uQ7PacWTA

Is the above image page the correct page? if not which page do you see? Could you also let us know the method of clearing the cache you are using? 

#5 ardentconcepts

ardentconcepts

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

Yes, the problem still persists when I disable the plugins- I already tried this. It doesn't happen every time I go in if I just cleared the cache which I did this morning. After who knows how many hours the homepage will disappear again. Unfortunately, it always seems to do this when my client goes to try and see what I have done. 

I clear the cache from the flywheel options.

Below is the email from flywheel; however, I cannot seem to find anything on the forums discussing this. 

This is the email from flywheel:

I see what’s going on now. It looks like you’re using Pagelines DMS theme, which has a known bug in the current version. The bug is exactly what you’ve described – site returns blank screen occasionally. We’ve been in contact with the core team at Pagelines, and there is a fix in place for this bug in beta, but it does not have a public release date at this point.

#6 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Could you ask Flywheel to disable the cache entirely whilst working on the site? 

#7 ardentconcepts

ardentconcepts

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

Sure, but this is going on while I'm not working on the site as well. (I've been out of town for 2 weeks, honeymoon, and it still did this.)

#8 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

@ardentconcepts

Hope your Wedding and honeymoon were fantastic :) 

The latest release is coming soon.. maybe if Flywheel could disable the caching for now and then retry it after the new version is rolled out. There is no exact date for the new release as yet but you will know when it is out. 

The thing with caching is if you are making any changes to sites then caching should be disabled totally as there is a danger you are changing the the cached pages and not the live site and this also leads to other problems too,. 

#9 ardentconcepts

ardentconcepts

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Ok, so I disabled caching yesterday. And today the homepage is blank again.

#10 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

looking at the homepage and everything seems to be there. have you enabled caching again?