Photos not showing on Blog

Question

Posted · Report post

What setting must I use and where do I set it for photos and videos to display on my Blog? My comments are all working right, just not photos. Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

To get images to display on the blog page you'll need to make sure each post has a featured image set. Once you have a featured image to set for each post you'll have a number of options inside the post loop as to where the images display, or even to hide them.

See the following screencast which will help - http://screencast.com/t/9vSYal1rzEs

Posted · Report post

Ok. Got it. Thanks.

Now how do I show my posts with video on the Blog on the Home page? I know how to post videos on my blog from YouTube by embedding the YouTube video's web address into the post "text" area. And the video shows up fine as a post, but I can't get it to display on the Home page as I did with the photo. There's no Featured Photo for video.

Posted · Report post

Hi redstate

You can add a short code with your video

Please, you take a look at this

http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/shortcodes

go to "Responsive Videos" at the end...

Posted · Report post

If you mean to use the YouTube video web address code, I already know how to do that. But if you mean some other short code, then I don't understand from this long Doc. I see the Responsive Video part but can you explain more, please? It doesn't make any sense to me. What code and where do I place it?

Posted · Report post

Hi there, do you mean get the video to post in place of the thumbnail in the excerpt? If so then unfortunately that isn't possible in DMS, you'll need to see a featured image for posts, which populate the post thumbnail, then have the video embed inside the actual post page.

Posted · Report post

Yes, that's what I mean. Ok, then I'll just post Featured photos in the excerpt and the videos in the post. Thank you!

It would be great if that can be changed in the future, I can do it on my other WP news website but that's not a blog.

Occasionally the featured photos don't display after I post the blog entry on Facebook. Any idea why? I use the Add To Any widget which normally works great.

Posted · Report post

Hi there, you can use the facebook linter tool, this will allow you to see all the data facebook is pulling from your post and choose the correct image to post into your timeline https://developers. facebook.com/tools/lint/‎