Help with script that is breaking DMS

Question

Posted · Report post

Currently, we are using Freshdesk to host our support site.  We want to integrate Freshdesk chat with our main WP-DMS site, so that a client may request a live support agent through the service.  The integration they gave us was a js/jquery script before the last </body> tag on our site, the script is obnoxiously long, so I will refrain from posting it unless you want to see it.  

The script does not work in the DMS Scripts Header Fallback, and the only way I found to implement it was to paste it in footer.php.  However, it breaks the DMS editor and animations like iBoxes are also broken.  Do you have any recommendations?  I anticipate you will respond with using a hook.  If so, which hook do you suggest?

If you visit www.paylinedata.com, the script is currently integrated.  If you visit www.paylinedata.com/support, you can see the iBoxes do not animate.  

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

You have the code in 3 places on that page.

Posted · Report post

That is weird.  I only added that script to the header fallback, and when it didn't work, removed it and put it in footer.php.  When I removed the script from the footer it vanished, period.  In any case, do you have any suggestions where the script should go.  I know you recommend NOT to change files in the DMS theme directory.  

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

I would say looking at the original post you'll need to insert this using a hook inside the body tag. I'd say use the hook wp_footer() as this is just before the closing body tag as they suggested.