Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flush Cache Fallback

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi

Can I please request a Flush Cache Fallback outside of DMS under the standard Pagelines Wordpress Dashboard Menu. If you make a less code error without realising and then make a change to DMS / refresh DMS everything is thrown out on a white background with plain content. More often than not the 'Flush Cache' link is not present and so the only way to get back to a healthy state is to switch to a working DMS theme, flush the cache and then revert back once the ;ess error is corrected. Right now it's something of a pain as errors do creep in from now and again. A Fallback is seriously required.

Thanks

Glenn

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

There is already a LESS editing area in the wp-admin.

Posted · Report post

Hi

Yes I know that. What I am asking for is a 'Flush Cache' reset in this area. If DMS goes out of kilter the only way to get it back is to correct the issue and Flush the Cache for rest.

Glennyboy

Posted · Report post

I see what you mean, but if you edit the LESS error in the fallback panel and save this will recompile the LESS.

Posted · Report post

I compile all my Less in the style.less file, certainly not here which is a backup. Also I'm not sure recompiling via a blank panel or otherwise would 'flush' the less cache?

Posted · Report post

Hi Glenn,

I apologise, but I am at a loss as to what you issue is, can you go into greater detail please.

Posted · Report post

Sure

If you are working on a DMS theme and make a .less mistake - say you miss a closing } then what happens is that on refresh the site looses all its styling in the DMS environment. As this happens the DMS interface at the bottom of the page is also corrupted and the flush cache reset is lost. Without flushing the cache it seems that less updates can not reflect and so without the flush cache button the theme is broken. This is why I'm requesting a fullback range of resets in the wp-admin.

Thanks

Glennyboy

Posted · Report post

I don't have that issues, to be totally honest, the only time I have used the Flush LESS Cache button is on a users website when they have issues.

For me if I make a mistake missing a semi-colon etc.. then like you said you receive the compile error, I simply fix the issue, save the changes and clear the cache, the changes appear right away. If this isn't happening for you, then its likely related to your server.

When developing a website, I would recommend working locally using MAMP and then use the - define('PL_LESS_DEV',true); to turn the cache off.

Do not use this on a production environment, as it will nuke the server.

Posted · Report post

Yes I am in the process of switching to local server for this and others reasons. But for those of us that are, for whatever reason, working on a production server then I still say this would be a good addition that probably wouldn't be too hard to impliment.

Posted · Report post

We appreciate the feedback, I will make a note and inform our developers of this topic.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny

Posted · Report post

No problem.