Photo
- - - - -

"Invalid argument supplied for foreach()" & "bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly".

buddypress error message

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 GreySwanFusion

GreySwanFusion

• Members

• 8 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

Hi Guys,

I configured a site in Frameworks sometime back, and they wanted to incorporate Buddypress into it.

Have just used the Pageline buddypress sections (with the buddypress plugin), and the site generally works. But it keeps crashing, and bringing the site down on the server. Have gone through the process of disabling plugins etc (its a live site!) and am a bit stuck.

LIVE site here: www.wlfn.org

TEST site is here: www.greyswan.org.uk/testsite/

I have just moved the site to its site location and am getting the following errors:

Error message:

Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /customers/8/5/6/greyswan.org.uk/httpd.www/testsite/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3049 Notice: bp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for more information. (This message was added in version 1.7.) in /customers/8/5/6/greyswan.org.uk/httpd.www/testsite/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3049 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /customers/8/5/6/greyswan.org.uk/httpd.www/testsite/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/library.extend.php on line 83

Moved the site with BackupBuddy, and I have changed the wp.config to show error message. Get the same message on the 'live' site

I currently can't log on to the TEST SITE due to the error message.

I really don't think its plugins. Have basically got the basic and Pageline plugins, and all was working until BuddyPress was installed.

Any ideas, help and advice. I don't really get the coding for this, what its asking for and what the conflict is?

Details:

lastest version of wordpress

Frameworks 2.4.4 plus Grid Portfolio section

Child theme operating to effect a few styling ideas

plugins: jetpack, sections, etc.

Many thanks

Tim

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

Hi Tim

Ok to get back into the editor back go into your hosting account via ftp and remove the buddypress and bbpress plugins to get everything back up and running.

Looking at the error messsage that relates to bbpress not buddypress. Have you installed the bbpress integration as well as the buddypress integration plugin from PageLines?

Which version of bbpress and buddypress are you using? The last buddypress update was a major one which changed alot, as the Framework is now a legacy theme and not receiving any updates you might need to roll back to a previous version of bussypress/bbpress to get it to work correctly.

• GreySwanFusion likes this

#3 GreySwanFusion

GreySwanFusion

• Members

• 8 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

Hi James,

thanks for the advice. I thought that is what I might have to do to get back into the editor. Will let you know how it goes, and great advice on going back to the a previous version of Buddy Press to make it work with Frameworks.

Will update when I have done that.

regards

Tim

#4 GreySwanFusion

GreySwanFusion

• Members

• 8 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Hi James,

Have gone in through the FTP, deleting the BuddyPress etc but still getting the error message, and unable to login to the site. Any other thoughts on how to get to the dashboard?

regards

Tim

#5 GreySwanFusion

GreySwanFusion

• Members

• 8 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

Hi James,

ignore that last post - renamed the Child Theme and Pagelines, so am into the dashboard now. Will re-build pagelines and look for a legacy version of buddy press. Though may be I will look to move their site to DMS!

hey-ho!

regards

Tim

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Hi Tim,

Yeah I think the best course of action would be to use DMS, as BuddyPress and bbPress have received updates recently and PageLines Framework will not receive updates to fix compatibility issues for plugins such as bbPress or BuddyPress.

#7 GreySwanFusion

GreySwanFusion

• Members

• 8 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Thanks. I will suggest it. One of the reasons they wanted to stay with it (and its about cost to them!) is that they liked the Grid Portfolio product with Pagelines Framwork. I have just looked through the market place and can't see a similar function in sections or plugins. The website is aimed at promoting 'short films'. I guess it might be a case of developing (looking for a similar product) else where if not on pagelines!

thanks for your help James. Personally I need to get cracking with DMS and move old (and new) clients onto it!

best wishes

Tim

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

In regards to the cost to them, DMS is open source meaning there is a free version available. 

#9 GreySwanFusion

GreySwanFusion

• Members

• 8 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

sorry, i've DMS (pro version) - i meant some kind of section similar to "grid portfolio" that existed in Framework.

see www.wlfn.org to see the kind of portfolio showcase I am talking about.

thanks for taking the time to reply though!

Tim

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

In DMS 2.0 there will be a similar section to Grid Portfolio.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buddypress, error message